angryoldgoat's profile

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

Friday, September 14th, 2018 2:11 PM

What?

This message is appearing on all my email accounts:

"AT&T Yahoo Mail – Exciting Updates Coming Soon"

What changes?  What do I have to "fix" to make it work?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

So, if I am not using webmail but rather an email client then I am not effected?

Only the webmail, not the clients.  But with respect to clients I recommend you should be using a secure mail key in place of the account password.  Read this (which includes a link to how to create a secure mail key).  This however is unrelated to the webmail stuff.

And when, or if, I access my email on the web using IE-11 then I get the not so exciting version of att mail?

Does this mean I can ignore your requests/demands that I "upgrade" to chrome or firefox?

If you don't use one of the so called "supported" browsers the webmail should revert to the basic layout.  That should be already happening now with a banner shown at the top.  Here's a comparison of basic vs. full featured.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

6 years ago

So, if I am not using webmail but rather an email client then I am not effected?

And when, or if, I access my email on the web using IE-11 then I get the not so exciting version of att mail?

Does this mean I can ignore your requests/demands that I "upgrade" to chrome or firefox?

Sincerely,

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

6 years ago

Your accepted solution requires me to use the community's idea of the "best" browser and latest version email client.  Sounds like I can continue to use my outlook as long as I can remember my password??

Thanks for your time.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

It wasn't my accepted solution.  Look at the name on it in the green header above it.

Nobody is requiring you to do anything.  If you can live with the basic email layout limitations in your browser when accessing email that way no one is stopping you.  As for email client apps where was ever suggested you have to use the "latest version email client"?  I said the changes involve only the webmail interface.  That has nothing to do with what email client you decide to choose if you want to use a client.  So yes, you can continue to use your outlook.  How you handle your remembering passwords is your problem.Man Happy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I I had to laugh out loud at the "What?" Original subject line. FIX WHAT? Only too familiar with that term when dealing with our infamous fearless leaders at AT&T. (see Boris and Natasha from original tv series The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. (If anyone here is old enough to remember that show live) Oh Ya! I go back too at least SBC IF NOT AMERITECH pre Windows 95 for my original @att.net email addresses some of which I still have. Some of which I mysteriously 🙄 lost during these kinds of AT&T transitions, OY!

I'm technically way out of date by now and slowly growing feeble minded at my age. So I should probably be kinder. But I can take a joke myself so I'm only being partly funny with more than a dash of sarcastic humor thrown in when I criticize past Oopses on AT&T's, SBC's, and Ameritech's past foibles. Lyric paraphrased from a Jars Of Clay song Fade To Grey, "If ignorance is bliss won't You save Us from Ourselves."

I went offline with a PC several years ago. Relying on my wife's iPad for reading emails and light browsing. I may buy a Mac instead of enduring Micro(bleep) any longer. Bought just a mini tower PC with 7.1 on it and had nothing but troubles with it not working any longer with Firefox and Thunderbird. Thus, iPad from then on.

My first question here in a very very long time.

Are past issues with Firefox and Thunderbird finally fixed?

It's been so long I don't even have a clue which versions or where I left off at with them both. My old XP Machine is still working like a charm and purring like a kitten. Just permanently taken offline.

Question #2

Since I've been leaving ALL OF MY EMAILS oniine at att.yahoo.com since taking my XP Machine offline. I'm sure hoping that AT&T is taking special care to NOT DELETE OR MISPLACE or Oops any of those until I get something I can back them up too myself. I wish I had more confidence in that than I do. AT&T and their prior incarnations have dropped the perverbial ball more than once before, ick.

i mean geez guys and gals! My own Mother was a Directory Assistant later replaced by 411 then the infamous InterWHAT? back the days of Illinois Bell Telephone back in the 1960's -1970's. Cut us old geezers some slack and don't (bleep) in our LazyBoys by losing anything AGAIN! This exact page "Community ID) even dropped the last few characters of my User ID! It had been so long since I'd last logged in here. Got my email right to change my password with. But just curious if AT&T was using Dos 2.2 on an old XT PC with a non-bootable 10mb hard drive that had to be booted from a 5 1/4" floppy drive running Dos 2.2. Hey, I had fun here razing the old days. Take a joke. We all need a sense of humor to survive these days. Especially look into my Fearless Leader crack earlier here. It's as true today as it was back then. It came true again in 2016. (I can hear some grumbling at that crack, take a pilll and pass that bottle. We all need some given our joint circumstances. 😭

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

6 years ago

I have one other question under the What? category;

On Wed Sept 12 I received this from att:

"Hi Valued Customer, For your security, we've temporarily locked your Access ID. To unlock it, either reset your password online at att.com or call us at 877.285.0144. Get more tips on keeping your account and access ID safe.  Thanks for choosing us, AT&T "

I dutifully went to my "Access ID" and logged in.  I was "welcomed BACK" with no other explanation.

CAN anyone shed any light on this?

ATT?

---------------------------------------

Oh yes, my apologies to _xyzzy_  . I seem to have struck a nerve for not paying attention to the blog protocal!                        

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.