For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
azalea4va's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, November 18th, 2018 7:38 PM

What can be done to keep email forwarding from "going away"?

In a notice entitled "Email account forwarding is going away", att said "Forwarding your AT&T Mail account to another email inbox is going away by December 5, 2018 (you can still forward individual emails)."  This is a valuable feature, part of the internet package I paid for.  It is not acceptable for att to terminate it.

Either this gets fixed or we have yet another example of ATT screwing its customers.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

So, in my case, the forward option is gone.  So is the basic mode, predictably. Unfortunately that means I can't "undo" the two automatic forwardings I have in place... 

At any rate, I've switched over to gmail. It will supposedly reach out & retrieve mail from ATT, but I've found it to time out so often that it's pretty much useless.  It will take a very long time to switch all the embedded att email address out there in the cloud... but so, so satisfying every time I rip out another tentacle of the ATT cancer from my life. Got pretty sick of being wagged by them. (BTW Ooma is a wonderful step up from ATT landline 'service'; if only I had a choice of internet providers...).

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

You're exactly right, that is what I was claiming. But I was rong. 
Yours was actually the first I found that mentioned clicking the email
address to go to the 'forward' etc. screen, so thanks!

Still don't see the classic choice. Not that I care at this point.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@hartricks - Just to verify.  You had forwarding set so when the setting was removed the forwarding still was in effect with no way to disable it?  At least they should have had the courtesy of clearing the forwarding for you.  So now I'm debating leaving my forwarding in place. Man Frustrated

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I was wrong... the forward option is still there, altho they promise to
take it away.  So it wasn't ATT's screwup.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@hartricks - Ah ha! Man Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.