Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Uverse seems to be blocking my outbound SMTP email

Teacher

Uverse seems to be blocking my outbound SMTP email

I own a business & the business software uses an SMTP outbound email service to function.  The software worked flawlessly until I changed from DSL to U-Verse.  Does anyone have any answers for this problem.  The technician for the business software has double checked everything on their end & all settings are correct.  He felt it was the blocked SMTP issue.  I am inclined to agree since things have not been a problem until the new service was set up from ATT.

Message 1 of 11
Former Employee

Re: Uverse seems to be blocking my outbound SMTP email

Hi lajemo

You are correct, the U-verse gateway by default blocks the SMTP filter. I was able to pull up your account and I can remove the block. It just takes a minute or two. Would you mind waiting 1-2 minutes and then let me know if this helps? Thanks in advance.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Message 2 of 11
Teacher

I am not at the business right now. I normally would not be there again until Monday. I could let you know then or go back on in tomorrow & check it & let you know. Thank you so very much.

Message 3 of 11
Former Employee

No problem! Whenever is the most convenient for you. You don't have to verify right away if it's too much of a hassle. Our team is on standby throughout the day to help our customers.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Message 4 of 11
Teacher

Message 5 of 11
Employee

lajemo I just wanted to follow up  with you and see if removing the SMTP filter resolved your email issue.  Again we are here to help if you are still having issues.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 11
Teacher

When was the smtp filter removed. If it was done early today or yesterday, no it did not help. I checked it last at about 3:00 PM today.

Message 7 of 11
Community Support

lajemo, I am sorry this issue is still not resolved. I have sent you a private message to look into this further. You can read it by clicking your name at the top right and then going to "Inbox & Activity."

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 11
Community Support

After further investigation, it appears the issue where there is no option to enable an SSL connection is becoming a bigger problem than I thought. Most email servers are migrating towards requiring an SSL connection. Although there are some workarounds, they do not appear to be simple.

Let us know if you have any further issues, and we will do our best to help.

Message 9 of 11
Teacher

I opened a gmail account & use the settings but they require SSL Encryption as well & doesn't seem to be working either.  Any other suggestions

Message 10 of 11
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Sadly, I was not able to find too many other alternatives that were easy to do.

Here's an article where you can see the common settings for most providers.

Server Settings for Popular Email Providers

Other than that, hopefully you received my email to you, and it includes a few workarounds to the SSL connection issue.

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support