ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, June 6th, 2018 7:31 PM

Upgrading your Browser from IE11

Internet_Alert.png

To continue enjoying and maximizing your att.net email experience, we ask that you please upgrade to a new web browser.  In the near future, Internet Explorer 11 will no longer be supported, therefore we ask that you upgrade to the latest Firefox or Chrome Browser.  If you opt to continue using your existing Internet Explorer web browser your mail experience will revert to AT&T’s ‘Basic Mail’.

Browser Downloads 

Learn why it is important to update your browser from:

Website Troubleshooting

Some website uses the latest updates a browser to improve the experience or take advantage of the latest changes. Sometimes they don't work right, not because of anything you did or AT&T did, it is just the nature of the beast. Learn some steps you can try to improve your experience

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Que tengo que hacer para seguir usando mi correo ***@bellsoouth.net?

what happen to do for use my mail ***@bellsouth.net?

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

how will upgrading my browser to Chrome change the operating experience ?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Favorites are not showing up on Google Chrome? Any simple way to access? Should be automatic but doesn't seem to be.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Just using a different browser isn't going to "automatically" import your bookmarks (what you call "favorites) into the new browser (for example moving from Firefox to Chrome).  It's up to you to do it.  Some browsers have a menu option to import bookmarks directly from a specific browser you specify.  If not then you have to use your old browser to export its bookmarks (most browsers have that) and your new browser to import the exported bookmarks into it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Which is better firefox or chrome what is the difference between the 2?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@sharyse1 - Try them both and see which one you like better.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Zero kudos seems appropriate for this mismosh....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Switch my browser?? Not supporting IE11?? Why?? I ask WHY do I have to change for 1 application? Run a new browser after all I am most familiar with IE and Microsoft products, IE11 is protected by MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS, not so with other browsers so I then need another most likely PAID anti-virus/malware utility!!! I Think AT&T needs to do 1 step in other direction,, DUMP YAHOO ALL TOGATHER AND ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO CHOOSE the browser they prefer, YAHOO is a problem unstable pages, visual pretty makeover of apps vs. Real UPDATES and IMPROVEMENTS!

Telling me I have to change browsers is a BIG BIG DEAL! I WILL Think very hard about perhaps DUMPING AT&T and go with an alternate provider who will not tell me "we demand you do..." like some spoiled BRAT!! GROW UP DUMP YAHOO OR BE DUMPED FOLKS !!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@Russ588 - Ok, then don't switch browsers.  You're current browser will still work for basic email so you don't have to switch.  You will just have to learn to live with the limitations imposed on the basic version of att/yahoo webmail.   That or find another email service provider (plenty of those) or switch internet service providers (probably a rather limited choice) with their own email service.  You didn't qualify "alternate provider" so I didn't know which of these two you are talking about.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I got this notice to change from internet explorer to firefox or chrome. I have a security alarm company tied into my internet explorer and I tried to switch my default to chrome and my security company access went away. I am old and not techy all this does not make sense to me. Why can't they leave things alone? What is AT&T basic Mail? What is rich text?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.