Protect yourself online
teffertoes's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 11:25 PM

Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts

It appears my Yahoo email account has been hacked. When I went in to change the password, it told me I had to change it via my merged AT&T account. Well, I haven't had AT&T for a couple of years and never unmerged that account from Yahoo after I left, apparently. When I try to go in with my former AT&T account, I initially get in and it says:

"We're sorry, the AT&T sevice you are attempting to access is not available using the login information you provided.
To continue, please select the login button for one of the services below."

I then get sent to the initial login for the AT&T account manager, but I can't login because I haven't been with AT&T for at least a year to 2 years. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to abandon my Yahoo account because I have too many things associated with it.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I wish I had read this before trying to unmerge my accounts.  PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO UNMERGE UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU HAVE REDIRECTED ANY IMPORTANT CONTACTS TO AN ALTERNATE.  Please also save off any important emails/documents before attempting it!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I was able to have it unlocked but it took AT&T from 8/19/17 to 9/12/17, several your on the various support numbers they kept giving out, finally I input an FCC complaint case, BBB complaint case and Office of AT&T help page request for issue elevation for when you tried all other means to "get AT&T help and failed". K setup a new gmail address so they can confirm the receipt of all cases. Someone from AT&T Office of President contacted me in few days and have yet another phone # to call. Only that last number was able to direct it to the super special resolution dept and they did it after about 1-2 week of waiting for them to receive and process the case to get another back office tech team. Got my emails back today. Seems that no emails were received during the freeze where the acct was locked. note: When you finally get in the Yahoo password reset option, and if try to login from older email apps on the phone it still won't connect on Android but this time due to Yahoo security update- they won't let you do it until you click allow to run on older email apps, if that's what you wish. But Yahoo does not recommend it and says to use email online or with newer apps. Once you are able to login there is no un-merge button that I saw. Whatever they did at AT&T their acct status still shows my acct active on their page/AT&T account so the back office help is usually required anyway.
Only help is with the office of the AT&T president issue elevation page (look on their main corporate website)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My situation is just the opposite of what has been talked about. I tryed to login to my att e-mail but yhoo was blocking my access. I logged into yahoo and flowed to instructions to delete yahoo but was told that would take 60 days. I have e-mail at att that I would like to read but cannot get there. Yahoo wants me to open the link to a tutorial but the link will not open with any of the suggested programs? I think that yahoo will not let me in untill I read the tutorial. What am I supposed to do?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Boy, I should have read all of this thread before I tried to unmerge my accounts. Same issue.

Emma

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I feel really stupid....I was very sick when this Yahoo/Att thing happened...I got hacked or phished or something. I have managed to change my password but I am still getting spam....Make it stop!

i changed my password 2 times now and I still keep getting 200+ subscription requests a day

Can someone shed some light on what happened and how I can get that email to go to my gmail or just send a responder to use my gmail?

I cant take this anymore.

Thanks so much

Celeste

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have followed all of the instructions noted above.  When I hit the unmerge button, it says that the Server Connection Closed:  Description: The server requested closed the connection before the transaction was completed.

Does anyone have any recommendations how to fix this?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same problem.  I can't access my yahoo email today.  And I followed the instruction to unmerge my AT&T and Yahoo accounts.  Once I clicked "Unmerge", I kept getting the Server Connection Closed error and I still don't have access to yahoo email.  Can someone please help????

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

All I can say is DO NOT DO AN UNMERGE. Many people get stuck at that step and have to be helped individually - there is no universal solution nor do they have an ETA on when it will be fixed. It looks like it's been happening at least since July.

One of the AT&T gurus was able to help me after a couple months of problems, but it would be better if they took down those unmerge instructions since they don't work for a lot of people.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Has anyone successfully unmerged AT&T and yahoo accounts? AT&T rep told me the AT&T account is disabled but it seems the accounts are still linked. Tried logging into yahoo and got rerouted to AT&T site with the unmerge button that doesn't work which a lot of folks have talked about already. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same issue. Help from AT&T to get this resolved would be great. 

I have been locked out of my Yahoo account since Monday. I too am being redirected to the AT&T unmerge page that does not work when you click to unmerge.

I have been in contact with several support folks from AT&T in the digital and escalation team and basically get nowhere. Depending on who I talked to, there are these replies:

1. You need to work with Yahoo (however Yahoo support says due to a contractual agreement AT&T needs to do this)

2. The unmerging is in process you need to just keep trying to log in

3. Your Yahoo is not an account that AT&T can provide support for, you need to work with Yahoo and Verizon

4.  The unmerging is in process, a communication went out earlier advising to unmerge before this

Any assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.