Protect yourself online
teffertoes's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 11:25 PM

Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts

It appears my Yahoo email account has been hacked. When I went in to change the password, it told me I had to change it via my merged AT&T account. Well, I haven't had AT&T for a couple of years and never unmerged that account from Yahoo after I left, apparently. When I try to go in with my former AT&T account, I initially get in and it says:

"We're sorry, the AT&T sevice you are attempting to access is not available using the login information you provided.
To continue, please select the login button for one of the services below."

I then get sent to the initial login for the AT&T account manager, but I can't login because I haven't been with AT&T for at least a year to 2 years. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to abandon my Yahoo account because I have too many things associated with it.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Sir/Madam,

I followed the  instruction of your page HERE to unmerge my yahoo and att (sbcglobal.net) account.
However , after I finished step 6, this error message below appeared when clicking the ‘unmerge’ button.

Can I get my email account fixed?

Error :

Server Connection Closed

Description: The server requested closed the connection before the transaction was completed.

Help is needed. Much appreciated. Thanks,

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same error message after clicking the 'unmerge' button. 
I would greatly appreciate if AT&T can help solving this problem, as I followed strictly on their instruction they posted on their web ,here,. and it is now stuck at this "Server Connection Closed" error after their final step. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I am having exactly the same issue as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks very much for the help, better help than ATT services.   I AM SO DONE WITH ATT...  couldn't get help with unmerge and my signal drops EVERY DAY during the evening... Thanks Again

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm having the same issue!  3+ hours on the phone with AT&T and 2 escalations to the technical support team.  Support rep told me there is an issue with no estimated time to resolve.  This is my main email account for 23 years.  Very disappointing that this is happening and that AT&T and/or Yahoo cannot work together to support their loyal customers. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I now have the exact same underage failure.  I have seen on another thread that Yahoo claims a fix is forthcoming on July 14.  Has anyone solved this with ATT yet?  Or with Yahoo?

I deleted my SBCglobal account and followed all ATT instructions.  When I called ATT they basically said "sorry". its a Yahoo problem.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Five years later, I have the same problem, but the Unmerge button fails to complete the unmerge function. Glad this solution worked for you back then. If you find your way out of this quagmire, please let me know what you did. ***

[Edited for privacy. This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

We have had the exact same problem. Followed the process to unmerge ATT and YAHOO and now stuck on the login page of the YAHOO account giving me the error page. Talked to about 15 different reps all giving us slightly different answers. Haven't had access to our YAHOO account in about 4 months. It was our primary business account and this is beyond frustrating. Whatever the relationship between YAHOO and ATT is it is not working.

Tried the multiple phone numbers listed, asked for the escalation letter so YAHOO and allow ATT to "unmerge" the account. Nothing has worked so far. The worst part is every time you call you have to go through the whole process again almost from scratch.

Please ATT fix this. We trusted you with our email and you are letting us down.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This 'simple' 7 step process does not work for me. Several hours lost on this on the phone and chat and whatever 'department' they keep sending me to, including being hanged up on two times with their customer service.

Every time I do the sequence, the step 6 on att.com account management page comes back to life. I performed this several times now, called 10 different ATT support numbers and a week later NOTHING is done. I could only file better business bureau complaint and FCC complaint, nobody can help me and they did something on their side that keeps reinstating step 6 to "active". so now my yahoo acct shows Sorry, we don't recognize this email." every time I tried to login and unmerge. ATT sucks and this process should not be THAT hard.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

This doesn't actually work!!  It will just get you stuck without email.  Before doing this make sure you notify any one that is important you receive email from in a timely manner.  You will likely be left high and dry by AT&T.  Even though there is a known issue, they are not in a hurry to help.  It took them 48 hours before they even logged my ticket!  6 days without email and I get told that this is "their process" and they have to go through "their process".  It doesn't matter if you have important email that you cannot create because heaven forbid AT&T be accountable to former customers.  Definitely not a way to win back someone's business!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.