Protect yourself online
teffertoes's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 11:25 PM

Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts

It appears my Yahoo email account has been hacked. When I went in to change the password, it told me I had to change it via my merged AT&T account. Well, I haven't had AT&T for a couple of years and never unmerged that account from Yahoo after I left, apparently. When I try to go in with my former AT&T account, I initially get in and it says:

"We're sorry, the AT&T sevice you are attempting to access is not available using the login information you provided.
To continue, please select the login button for one of the services below."

I then get sent to the initial login for the AT&T account manager, but I can't login because I haven't been with AT&T for at least a year to 2 years. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to abandon my Yahoo account because I have too many things associated with it.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Having the same exact problem. I can't unmerge the emails because I can't login to my sbcglobal.net email which says is "inactive".  Catch 22 and stuck. I have called so many different departments even have been referred to billing where I was waiting for 1 hour to speak with someone only to be told they can't help me without an account number (which I don't have since I cancelled the service 6 years ago!!)

Anybody able to unmerge your yahoo and AT&T emails even if your AT&T email is in the INACTIVE state?!?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Wendybo...did you ever solve your problem? I have the same exact problem. Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi -

Was able to get this unlinked by calling this number 877-*** -  It is a Uverse department, but they figured it out for me and helped me out - called me back 5 days later to solve it. Awesome.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

77 Messages

10 years ago

Did these problems with linkage and unlinkage arise because users did something to intentionally link their ATT and Yahoo email accounts or is this something that "just happens" when a user has both an ATT email account and a Yahoo email account?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

This thread almost helped me.  My desire is apparently the opposite of those expressed in this forum: I have had nothing but problems with email since the ATT/Yahoo blunder (oops, I mean merger).  The latest and on-going is none of my incoming mail comes to the Inbox.  It immediately goes to the trash folder.

Oddly, this does NOT happen in my Windows Live Mail--which I never use but have kept it operating as a safety feature.  More than once I was unable to even find an email in my ATT/Ya-crap files, but I could find it in Live Mail.

Oddly, just now, at 2:41 pm, an email DID come in to the  Inbox.  However, the last previous email one hour earlier exactly, and all previous emails went directly to Trash.

Even more oddly, I note just now that one newer email came in, but bumped the previous one to Trash! What, now my Inbox has room for only one email at a time, if that??

Searching ATT Support, among the pages viewed is one at att.com (NOT .net) instructs "To verify email client settings for AT&T email", to open my email client program, then "click on Help", then "select About" which supposedly then brings up a wndow displaying my current email program name & version.  Well, shucks, maybe it does for some folks, but 1) there is NO "help" link visible on my email home page, 2) clicking the settings icon--which of course one must first realize IS the "settings" link, there is indeed a "help" link, but 3) it is NO help, because there ain't no "About" button or link --but there is an "About AT&T" link in the top bar, but that is about ATT the company and all their oh-so-wonderful things ATT does for (or to?) us, and proudlly displays a JD Powers award for "Highest Ranked Customer Service..."!  NOT!

I sincerely hope that a CM (COMMUNITY MANAGER) or senior forum monitor out there reads this and responds.  My over-riding desire here is to UNMERGE from Yahoo, delete any  Yahoo user account they may have for me, as I NEVER use nor will use them, and get back to the simple, ATT only email account I used to have before this Yahoo boondoggle.

Meanwhile, it would be  nice to simply have ANY email arrive in my inbox as it should.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Quick follow-up: got the email working by clearing my browser cache. Simple, huh? I didn't know that could be a problem, and I did find the solution given in an ATT help video--after page after page of circuitously looking for email help.
I still want to UNMERGE from Yahoo!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

spoke too soon. As soon as I clicked to refresh my inbox, the emails disappeared (found them in Trash). Crap!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

If you unmerge your account so it is no longer att(sbcglobal) do you lose all your disposable addresses? I use these big time depending on what I am doing on the web.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Uggh, I have been on the phone this whole day trying to get this sorted out. Apparently the sbcglobal.net account merged with my yahoo account is suspended. I have talked to AT&T Digital Services, they transferred me to DSL tech support, they transferred me to dial-up tech support. All gave me the same reply, this is a free account and can not be serviced by us, go to att.com/freememberid.

I am a paying yahoo customer (yahoo small business domain) and even they could not help me. Really all that I want to do is delete my sbcglobal.net account but no one it seems is capable of doing that. All roads lead back to, "You can go to support.att.com/freememberid."

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @sanpan,

We have received your message an look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.