Protect yourself online
teffertoes's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 11:25 PM

Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts

It appears my Yahoo email account has been hacked. When I went in to change the password, it told me I had to change it via my merged AT&T account. Well, I haven't had AT&T for a couple of years and never unmerged that account from Yahoo after I left, apparently. When I try to go in with my former AT&T account, I initially get in and it says:

"We're sorry, the AT&T sevice you are attempting to access is not available using the login information you provided.
To continue, please select the login button for one of the services below."

I then get sent to the initial login for the AT&T account manager, but I can't login because I haven't been with AT&T for at least a year to 2 years. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to abandon my Yahoo account because I have too many things associated with it.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

How did you send a private message?  I just tried to do that and I got an error saying The user ATTAlexCM does not have Private Messages enabled.

Or is there somewhere else I can post to try and get a response?

I have the same problem and have been bounced around 8+ times always being told this isn't our problem.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Just want to say that I finally got this resolved after many hours on the phone with tech support. They finally got me to what the level 2 support representative called the Front Door Group. Someone in that group deleted my sbcglobal.net email (which is completely fine with me) and that allowed them / Yahoo to unmerge my account. The next time I logged in it game me the option to unmerge.

This is possible if you can just get it into the right hands.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

When you get to "DELETE EMAIL" does it literally delete all your email? When I go back in to yahoo is my mail still there?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I cannot get my att.net or att.com user name. I can only login with my sbcglobal.net user id. When I select delete email after logging in with sbcglobal.net, will I lose all of my sbcglobal.net email? 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

That ONLY works if your ATT account is still active.  I moved to an area that didn't offer ATT Uverse and it deactivated my login once I cancelled my account which I cannot do now!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Please help me!!  I deleted the sbcglobal.net email address off of my Yahoo profile but I never got a "do you want to unmerge?"  PLEASE HELP is there a link somewhere I can go to that will give me that option?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

When I try to go to att.com to login with my information I get this error message.

Your account is inactive. You will not be able to reset the password with your account in this status.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I am getting the same message for no reason. I was able to access my yahoo mail fine earlier today, and now I can do nothing. My e-mail was hacked a couple of days ago, and it was nearly impossible to change my password. I was finally successful last night after jumoing through many hoops. Like I said, it seemed to be okay until this afternoon. How am I suppose to reactivate my account?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

How did you get to level 2 support?  Everytime I call they are useless and have no idea how to fix my problem. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB418183#fbid=NeIc6IePfwZ

does anyone know if, after the accounts have been unmerged, the user still has the same yahoo id/email address and if all their content, i.e. email messages, still reside on the yahoo email account? i think so, but please confirm. thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.