For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Camscrub's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 5:03 PM

Unblock Port 25

I have everything setup properly since my new installation this past Friday. I need to have my port 25 unblocked from the ATT Router as soon as possible. I have a block of 5 static ip addresses and have configured my perimeter firewall correctly. Now the only problem I have is outbound Port 25 being blocked and need that to be unblocked as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

25 is blocked for spam purposes.  If you want 25 unblocked for email use the settings listed here instead for email.  If you absolutely must have 25 unblocked then you need to call ATT CS and ask if they will do it.  I believe they charge for this.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I'm a Software Solutions Architect for a major software company. Port 25 isn't blocked for spam purposes when it's OUTBOUND. Let's call this what it is - a more complex solution than your standard residential customer. I'm fine with that; however - I'll be paying $ for a static IP address monthly. I shouldn't have to pay additional $$ to unblock a single outbound port - especially when I manage and maintain my own Active Directory/Exchange environment. I can think of 300 ports that should be blocked outbound than TCP 25.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@Camscrub wrote:
Port 25 isn't blocked for spam purposes when it's OUTBOUND...

Sure it is.  Have you never heard of SPAM bots?  This method is very effective against them.  And the average user has no need of port 25 inbound or outbound.  The average user uses webmail.  The non-typical 2017 user that uses a client can configure it to use authenticated and encrypted ports on AT&T's relay servers.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

OK, that's fair. I do, however, have a 3 interface (with a DMZ) firewall device for use with my internal AD/Exchange Organization.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@Camscrub wrote:

OK, that's fair. I do, however, have a 3 interface (with a DMZ) firewall device for use with my internal AD/Exchange Organization.

Then I encourage you to send a Private Message to @ATTU-verseCare and discuss the situation with them.  I bet they can assist you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.