Unable to send email to more than one addressee

Highlighted
Teacher

Unable to send email to more than one addressee

What the heck. Finally got my new ATT account set up but I'm trying to send an email to my contacts informing them of my new email address and it won't go. I can send ONE email at a time. I cannot send to multiple addressees. Anyone have an issue with this?

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Master

Re: Unable to send email to more than one addressee

Your outbound email messages are limited to 500 per day. Each message can be sent to no more than 100 recipients at once, and each recipient of a message counts as one email toward the 500 email limit. For example, if a message is sent to 50 recipients, this message counts as 50 emails.

Are you having problems sending to multiple addresses with webmail or with a client based program such as Outlook?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Teacher

I'm using iMail.

This is going to be a problem. I keep the neighborhood email list, if someone loses a dog or has a break-in I send the neighborhood a notification. There are over 200 names on that list.

There has to be a way to increase that.

This is why I hate big corporate "one-size-fits-all" services. Not everyone can function with a 500 email limit. How stupid and arbitrary.

Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

Litzz11 wrote:

I'm using iMail.

This is going to be a problem. I keep the neighborhood email list, if someone loses a dog or has a break-in I send the neighborhood a notification. There are over 200 names on that list.

There has to be a way to increase that.

This is why I hate big corporate "one-size-fits-all" services. Not everyone can function with a 500 email limit. How stupid and arbitrary.

It's not stupid, and any number they would pick would be arbitrary.  The reason is two fold: reduce the effects of PCs that get infected by malware from being able to generate tons of e-mails, and to keep people from deliberately generating e-mail that could be considered SPAM by the recipients from their accounts.  Keep in mind that AT&T's IP addresses will be rated by black hole services based on the SPAM they see from them.  The agregate of all the mail that could be considered SPAM from them could get their mail servers blacklisted and no one using AT&T's e-mail servers to send e-mail wants that.
AT&T"s mail servers cannot tell that your e-mail is about a neighborhood emergency.

You can try setting up a free e-mail address at gmail.com or aol.com and see what their restrictions are.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Teacher

That's absolutely ridiculous to force me to use something clunky and awful like gmail which I absolutely despise, when I've been functioning perfectly well before switching to a supposedly "high tech" and "advanced" service like Uverse. Unbelievable. Wish I'd known before. MAJOR FAIL.

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

I cannot understand why you say I am forcing you to use gmail. It is another choice you choose not to use. How about apple mail? Use that,

Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

What mail server are you using now? Just keep using that one.

Message 7 of 10
Teacher

It sounds like what you're telling me is I could save myself a whole lot of aggravation plus $35 a month if I just got myself a free email account like gmail or aol. So why do I even need AT&T then? What was the point of going through this whole exercise?

Of course I've had 2 free Yahoo accounts for years! These are accounts I NEVER use, this is for online shopping and blogs etc. so I'm not pestered by solicitations and SPAM. For my personal use I want to use my brand-new AT&T account which I've wasted three days trying to set up.

I simply don't understand a solution which is to NOT use the service I've just purchased. You're saying my best "choice" is to not use AT&T. Well thanks a lot, wish I'd known that before going through this entire failed exercise! 

Sorry but that is not helping.

Message 8 of 10
Teacher

outgoing server is outbound.att.net. It's not going to multiple addresses. And now people are telling me I need to set up a %$#@ gmail account. Absolutely unbelievable.

Message 9 of 10
Teacher

Adding tremendous insult to injury, AT&T phone tech support told me they can solve my problem IF I BUY a $15/month ConnectTech support plan.

Without a doubt this is the worst customer service experience I've ever had. I regret the day I ever switchted to AT&T. This has been an awful experience all the way around. Installation was botched, had to come ou ttwice, and I still don't have half my phone lines working. Now my email is messed up and I'm supposed to either use a free service which I could have had anyway without AT&T OR I can pay another $15 a month to get it fixed.

Absolutely unreal.

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having trouble with your email? Need to change your password? Has your email been hacked? Check out the links below for help! Don't Forget To Search The Forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support