For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
vivianh's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 12:32 AM

Unable to send email but I can receive emails. Started getting error after moving from IE to Chrome

I have sbcglobal.net email that forced me to move from Internet Explorer to either Google Chrome or Firefox.  I can receive emails but am unable to send from either browser for several weeks now.  The error I receive is "Unable to Send Message.  To prevent abuse, your message cannot be sent now.  If the message contains only a link, please add text to it.  This helps us fight spam.  If it still cannot be sent, please modify the message or try again later.  Sorry for the inconvenience"

This has been weeks, I have messages piling up in my outbox but cannot send.  This is NOT an internet issue, all is working fine on the internet but my Yahoo email account is messed up.  This is happening on my cellphone also when using my cell data NOT internet.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

There have been a number of threads reporting that message from users with legacy accounts (e.g. sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, bellsouth.net, etc., i.e., any att account other than ending with att.net).  Try changing the account password (Forgot ID/Password).  Sometimes that works.

This is happening on my cellphone also when using my cell data NOT internet.

Are you using the webmail there too or an email client app?  If you are using an app, since you would have to get into its settings anyway to use the new password, I recommend you use a secure mail key instead.  Read this (which includes a link to how to create a secure mail key).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.