Protect yourself online
TMac9000's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 17th, 2014 2:09 PM

Thinking about Uverse, want to keep sbcglobal address

The title says it all, really. I could use a faster connection, but the prospect of changing ten million online accounts doesn't fill me with joy. Can I get Uverse internet and keep my address?

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

Hello TMac,

You may be required to create a new att.net email for you U-verse service. However, you will be able to retain access to your SBCGlobal.net address. You can even link them to your Member ID, but your att.net ID will be the primary for U-Verse.

Scholar

• 

286 Messages

10 years ago

@TMac9000 wrote:

The title says it all, really. I could use a faster connection, but the prospect of changing ten million online accounts doesn't fill me with joy. Can I get Uverse internet and keep my address?

You should be able to keep that SBCglobal.net address for every thing. We signed up with U-verse six years ago,and we were allowed to keep the SBCglobal.net address for everything. Just make sure the tech doing the install registers you under your SBCglobal.net address and not an att.net address. We have had no trouble at all using the SBCglobal.net address to access U.verse or our E-mail. 

Former Employee

• 

120 Messages

10 years ago

You should be able to keep any active ATT-related email addresses when you sign up for Uverse.

Just make sure to choose the option to "Use an existing member ID" during the HSIA registration portion.

Sometimes, install technicians would just create any email address for you if you don't tell them that you have an existing one and that you want to use it. So make sure you do the registration yourself so that you can continue to keep your old sbcglobal email address active.

Former Employee

• 

45 Messages

10 years ago

When you register your services after/during installation, you get 2 options : 1. Create a new Member ID, 2. Use an existing member ID.

Select the option "Use an existing member ID" and enter your existing ATT email address and password.

The ATT email address will be attached to your U-verse account.

If in case you have registered with a new ID but you really need your U-verse account to be connected to the older address, there is a solution. The newly created ID will be deleted and then you will have to register again using the old ID. It can be deleted by the U-verse technical support team.

Also, if you are thinkling that you will lose access to your old email if you discontinue your ATT service, that's not the case. You can keep the ATT email forever. Even after you discontinue your ATT services, your email will still be active.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.