Protect yourself online
MtHarmony's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 20th, 2018 12:00 PM

The user name or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account

Yesterday I received an email from ATT/Yahoo with the subject "Important update to our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy", with a link to "review and agree to the new unified Terms of Service and Privacy Policy".  I followed the link, and agreed to the policy, and now I cannot log into my email (I get the error message above).  I also cannot receive email on my Galaxy S6 phone - when I check my account settings, I receive the message "Can't set up account. The username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account".  Nothing has changed on my end - yesterday up until about 7 pm all was well, and now this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Can you still log into the webmail with your account and password?   If so you can then maybe trying a secure mail key in place of the password in your email clients as discussed here might work.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you. I think it was a password issue. When I signed in Yahoo yesterday to accept the agreement, I had to reset my password as I'd forgotten it (I never use Yahoo). I was able to use Yahoo webmail this morning, which led me to believe it might be a password sync issue. I reset my yahoo password to match my att email account password, and voila! Outlook email came in on my computer as well as on my phone. Thanks for your response.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.