Protect yourself online
easybrand's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 2:00 AM

Suspended sub-account?

One of my subaccounts is returning the following message when i try to send email to it: "550 [SUSPEND] Mailbox currently suspended" what do I do to fix it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Jonathan Brand

The way to fix this particular problem is through the att.com website. I have an att.net email with 1 sub-account so I'll show you how to resolve this step-by-step with my personal email address. Please note that this can only be done using your Primary email account. If the following steps are performed using a "Sub-account" it will not work.

STEP 1.

Log in to the att.com website using your primary member id that your sub-accounts are placed under.

STEP 2.

Next is to use the top menu bar to navigate where we want to go. Hover your cursor over "myAT&T" then move your cursor to "Profile" and then choose "Manage Sub-Accounts" (Screenshot Attached Below. Click image to enlarge)

Suspended Sub-Account Step 1.png

STEP 3.

Finally, on the "Manage Sub-Account" page find the sub-account that is having the trouble and select "Remove Suspension" Note: In my example, my sub-account isn't suspended so it's not going to say that option but that is where the selection will be located. (Screenshot Attached Below. Click image to enlarge)

Suspended Sub-Account Step 2.png

I hope that helps you! Give these steps a try and if it still doesn't respond then let us know and we can find another solution for you. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Moved from General U-verse answers to U-verse email for better exposure

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

These are good instructions but it did not work. I have an existing email that my husband tried to add as a sub account and the error message said it was not availabe....although it exsists already.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@debatidsun wrote:

These are good instructions but it did not work. I have an existing email that my husband tried to add as a sub account and the error message said it was not availabe....although it exsists already.

Exactly... if the e-mail address is already linked to another mailbox somewhere, it isn't available to be created as a subaccount.  You'd have to get the original mailbox closed/deleted first.  What is your existing e-mail address associated with?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.