Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

Contributor

Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

Everytime I sign on to Firefox my personal homepage does not display because it says I am not logged on.  I signon and click on 'keep me logged in for 2 weeks' and when I close my browser and reopen it, it does not maintain my id and pw and requires me to sign on again.  I sign on and off daily a hundred times and I wish to have my password remain for 2 weeks.  I cleared cookies and that didn't help.  I researched but cannot find any ATT phone number for email techincal support.  Any advice?

Message 1 of 43 (11,567 Views)
Scholar
Solution
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

[ Edited ]

Try going to yahoo.com and logging in.  After doing that, I stayed logged in at att.my.yahoo.com also.

Just another little quirk designed to make you pull your hair out, I guess!

Message 16 of 43 (10,939 Views)
Tutor

thanks, that worked for me, too. i went to www.yahoo.com, logged in, checked "keep me logged in", and ensured that the login was successful by checking email. then, i closed chrome, opened it back up, and wah-lah, still logged into ATT/yahoo. interesting... the two logins should have the same result, but they do not... at any rate, the "keep me logged in" is working if i login at www.yahoo.com, so THANK YOU for that tip!!

Message 17 of 43 (10,933 Views)
Tutor

I took your advice and logged into yahoo (making sure the box to stay signed in was checked).  Now I stay logged into att.my.yahoo.com - so far anyway.  Thanks for the tip.  I never had to do this before... Obviously, something is not right with AT&T email.

Message 18 of 43 (10,932 Views)
Tutor

I tried logging in to yahoo.com and I am staying logged to att.net also. This seems to work for the time being. Do you suppose we should tell A.T.&T. or let them figure it out for themselves?

Message 19 of 43 (10,902 Views)
Former Community Manager

Well, you kind of just did tell us. Smiley Happy

Our web production team is actively working on this issue. A big kudos to everyone in this thread for posting about it so we knew what was going on!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 20 of 43 (10,899 Views)
Teacher

This has intermittently not worked for me for several years.   For months, it will work OK, and then suddenly start to require me to sign in several times a day.   After a few days, it returns to the normal two week period.    This has occurred on IE, Firefox and Chrome, and across XP, Vista and Windows 7.   

Glad to hear that AT&T/Yahoo is working on a fix.   To date, the only response that I have been able to get from AT&T was an offer for me to pay them to fix the problem on my PC.

A long running complaint with AT&T is that your "Contact Us" is oriented only to fixing the user's problem, and there is no provision for reporting problems with your software or services.   And, like all software yours has some problems.

Message 21 of 43 (10,905 Views)
Former Community Manager

Thanks for the info. I'll pass that on to the team. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 22 of 43 (10,897 Views)
Tutor

Logging into Yahoo.com and checking the box "Keep me signed in" absolutely fixed the problem for me (both in Firefox and IE9).  Many, many thanks.  It was driving me crazy!.

Message 23 of 43 (10,884 Views)
Former Community Manager

Glad that worked for you!

--------------

Message 24 of 43 (10,880 Views)
Teacher

Think the Yahoo workaround may be a necessary but not sufficient fix.    i.e.   It may temporary resolve the problem, but it may come back again.      My experience has been that the 2 week keep me logged in is sporatic.   It will work for a few weeks or months, and then suddenly requires me to log in several times a day for several days--up to about a week sometimes, then it returns to requiring me to log in only every two weeks until it starts the several times a day cycle again.     Time to failure seems random, and time to resume the longer "logged in" timeout also random, but thankfully much shorter.

The keep me logged in for two weeks box has always been checked on both AT&T and Yahoo.

Had a frequent log in period last week, but it only lasted a day.

Message 25 of 43 (10,856 Views)
Former Community Manager

I agree and our web folks are working on this issue, thanks to you and the other the people in this community who reported it!

--------------

Message 26 of 43 (10,842 Views)
Tutor

I spoke too soon.  zSigning into Yahoo.com seemed to work for an hour or so and now I'm back to being signed out every time again.  I want to scream!!

Message 27 of 43 (10,834 Views)
Former Community Manager

I am sorry that the workaround didn't work for you. 

The production team is researching this issue and as soon as I have any additional information, I'll let everyone know. 

--------------

Message 28 of 43 (10,709 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

just a follow up to say the "log into yahoo.com" fix IS still working for me. it worked all day yesterday, and this morning i booted my PC, opened chrome, and i am still logged in.

Message 29 of 43 (10,706 Views)
Former Community Manager

Thanks BexB, glad you're still able to login! Smiley Happy

--------------

Message 30 of 43 (10,697 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.