Protect yourself online
kcoupland's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 4:58 PM

Closed

Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

Everytime I sign on to Firefox my personal homepage does not display because it says I am not logged on.  I signon and click on 'keep me logged in for 2 weeks' and when I close my browser and reopen it, it does not maintain my id and pw and requires me to sign on again.  I sign on and off daily a hundred times and I wish to have my password remain for 2 weeks.  I cleared cookies and that didn't help.  I researched but cannot find any ATT phone number for email techincal support.  Any advice?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

e-mail: does not want to stay "signed on for two weeks"

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'll pass that on to the team. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Logging into Yahoo.com and checking the box "Keep me signed in" absolutely fixed the problem for me (both in Firefox and IE9).  Many, many thanks.  It was driving me crazy!.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Glad that worked for you!

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

12 years ago

Think the Yahoo workaround may be a necessary but not sufficient fix.    i.e.   It may temporary resolve the problem, but it may come back again.      My experience has been that the 2 week keep me logged in is sporatic.   It will work for a few weeks or months, and then suddenly requires me to log in several times a day for several days--up to about a week sometimes, then it returns to requiring me to log in only every two weeks until it starts the several times a day cycle again.     Time to failure seems random, and time to resume the longer "logged in" timeout also random, but thankfully much shorter.

The keep me logged in for two weeks box has always been checked on both AT&T and Yahoo.

Had a frequent log in period last week, but it only lasted a day.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I agree and our web folks are working on this issue, thanks to you and the other the people in this community who reported it!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I spoke too soon.  zSigning into Yahoo.com seemed to work for an hour or so and now I'm back to being signed out every time again.  I want to scream!!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I am sorry that the workaround didn't work for you. 

The production team is researching this issue and as soon as I have any additional information, I'll let everyone know. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

just a follow up to say the "log into yahoo.com" fix IS still working for me. it worked all day yesterday, and this morning i booted my PC, opened chrome, and i am still logged in.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks BexB, glad you're still able to login! 🙂

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

How about a status update on this trouble ticket, looking for a permanent fix, Escalate, Escalate!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.