Protect yourself online
kcoupland's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 4:58 PM

Closed

Stay Logged In 2 Weeks Not Working

Everytime I sign on to Firefox my personal homepage does not display because it says I am not logged on.  I signon and click on 'keep me logged in for 2 weeks' and when I close my browser and reopen it, it does not maintain my id and pw and requires me to sign on again.  I sign on and off daily a hundred times and I wish to have my password remain for 2 weeks.  I cleared cookies and that didn't help.  I researched but cannot find any ATT phone number for email techincal support.  Any advice?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

e-mail: does not want to stay "signed on for two weeks"

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Not sure where to post this, but I have run into a problem where I could not stay logged into att yahoo but solved with the yahoo account.  Yesterday, I tried logging into att yahoo, clicked on "save for 2 weeks" button, but it did not stay logged on.  I was able to work around this problem by first logging into the yahoo site (not att yahoo) and clicking on its "stay logged in" option, then logging into att yahoo and again clicking on the stay logged in button.  I now stay logged into att yahoo as expected.  There is something buggy in the att yahoo cookies that started some time in the past few days.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I am having the same issue with IE.  I called tech support and was told to change my privacy settings.  This worked for about 1 day and now I'm having the issue again.  It is very painful to have to sign in each time I close my browser!!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Something else you might try is to increase the temporary memory that the browser gets to use (the cache). If it's set to small, that could be the problem. You'll find it under the settings.

Another more ratical approach if nothing else is working is to do an uninstall and reinstall of Firefox. Admittedly it's a bit extreme, but with the amount of signing in and out you are doing (if nothing else works), I'd recommend it.

• 

3 Messages

i have the same issue using google chrome

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

The points to an issue with the browser not holding on to the settings. 

Here is some information about FireFox & saving passwords. Note that if you're using the "private browsing" feature in FF, your passwords will not be saved. http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/usernames-and-passwords-are-not-saved

Here's some similiar information for Internet Explorer: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2009/09/11/troubleshooting-stored-login-problems-in-ie.aspx

dosutton's comment of increasing the memory for the cache is also a good thing to try.

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

Just started having this problem within the last few days. Talked to tier two tech support, had them baffled too. Same problem on both of my computers. Very erratic and intermittent and ANNOYING!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

I'm sorry you're also having this issue. 

Have you tried the suggestions noted above?

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

Tried them all, and then some. Tech support guy had same problem, very erratic.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I have tried everything.  This started on Saturday (7/28) when I couldn't access my email.  When I called, I was told the issue was known, that AT&T was working with Yahoo on it and meanwhile to delete my cookies, browser history, etc, etc.  That didn't help, but I was able to get to my email by the end of the day.  Then the issue started of needing to sign in each time I closed my browser.  Call to tech support who told me to change my privacy settings (why that was necessary I have no clue since until the email issue I had no signin problem).  Anyway, that worked for a day.  VERY annoying.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

this feature recently stopped working for me -- just in the past few days. before that, it was fine. yes, i have checked every setting, cookies, etc., all of them. is something wrong with the system?

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

12 years ago

I'm having the identical problem on both my PCs, No options have been changed on either, but both started to behave the same way at the same time. My 33+ years as a Michigan Bell/A.T.&T. Communications Technician tell me to look somewhere else for the solution to this problem. Look to what's common. It's got to have something to do with the A.T.&T./Yahoo part of this puzzle. If there is a known problem, how come the Techs in the support center don't know about it? After all, A.T.&T. is supposed to be a communications company. To quote an old phone company axiom "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.