Spam still shows up and is not being immediately deleted

Contributor

Spam still shows up and is not being immediately deleted

Unfortunately I fell for the target gift card scam. Half way through the registration process I figured it was not legit and stopped, never clicked the submit button, and ever since then I get about 20 spam messages a day. I went to the options panel for spam and selected to immediately empty the spam folder but I still get spam and have to manually delete them. I'm running yahoo classic on an XP pro system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
Community Manager

Re: Spam still shows up and is not being immediately deleted

rusty shackleferd wrote:

Unfortunately I fell for the target gift card scam. Half way through the registration process I figured it was not legit and stopped, never clicked the submit button, and ever since then I get about 20 spam messages a day. I went to the options panel for spam and selected to immediately empty the spam folder but I still get spam and have to manually delete them. I'm running yahoo classic on an XP pro system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh-no... I'm sorry to hear that rusty shackleferd.  The following solutions provide tips and how to report SPAM emails to AT&T...

Tips to avoid email spam

Protect yourself from email phishing and fake websites

How do I block mail from a specific sender? Can I un-block it later?

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Spam still shows up and is not being immediately deleted

Question NOT answered.  Spam not immediately deleted.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having trouble with your email? Need to change your password? Has your email been hacked? Check out the links below for help! Don't Forget To Search The Forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support