Protect yourself online
rusty shackleferd's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 20th, 2012 9:02 PM

Spam still shows up and is not being immediately deleted

Unfortunately I fell for the target gift card scam. Half way through the registration process I figured it was not legit and stopped, never clicked the submit button, and ever since then I get about 20 spam messages a day. I went to the options panel for spam and selected to immediately empty the spam folder but I still get spam and have to manually delete them. I'm running yahoo classic on an XP pro system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@rusty shackleferd wrote:

Unfortunately I fell for the target gift card scam. Half way through the registration process I figured it was not legit and stopped, never clicked the submit button, and ever since then I get about 20 spam messages a day. I went to the options panel for spam and selected to immediately empty the spam folder but I still get spam and have to manually delete them. I'm running yahoo classic on an XP pro system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh-no... I'm sorry to hear that rusty shackleferd.  The following solutions provide tips and how to report SPAM emails to AT&T...

Tips to avoid email spam

Protect yourself from email phishing and fake websites

How do I block mail from a specific sender? Can I un-block it later?

Regards,

Alex

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Question NOT answered.  Spam not immediately deleted.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.