Protect yourself online
SWHouston's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 7:12 PM

Should/can I re-install the ATT EMail Program ?

Exp:

I accidentally clicked on a shoddy spam type download, but, have (I think) un-installed it successfully.

Now, I find that I have a problem with my ATT EMail program.

That being...

The EMail opens with IE10 just fine, but, when I try to click on the EMail Subject (where the messages are listed), it does nothing.  That action previously opened an EMail message.

I can open the Message by mouse right click and select " open", and the Mail opens then.

Additionally, if I try to select/click on one of my Folders, or any other item in the left column of the Screen, that doesn't work.  I see the little "hand" appear, but when I click on it, it doesn't "go there".

Is there an Option somewhere,, where I can re-install the EMail program to correct this ?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

James,

Thank you for your prompt and informative reply.

I opted to do the Virus (Norton 360) scan first, before I tried the link you offered.

Apparently that worked, but it took more than an hour AFTER I finished the scans, for my EMail to start operating normally again..  I do have a "Report Problems" feature with my Protection Program, it's possible that it contacted Norton transparently, and they responded transparently with the fix.  I really don't know

Anyway, thanks again for your help. Smiley Wink

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

SWHouston,

Have you by chance run any anti-virus programs as well since this breach? I will include a link below that should help you along.

My AT&T email account may have been hacked, phished, or compromised

James

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

SWHouston,

Thank you for letting us know that your email is functioning correctly again! If any other problems arise feel free to stop by the forums.

James

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.