Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Setting up new email address help please

Contributor

Setting up new email address help please

I want to set up a new email address for send out resumes but when the other side gets it it shows up with my husbands name not mine, is there any way to go in and change the names on the account so it can come from mine.

Message 1 of 5
Guru

Re: Setting up new email address help please

Are you using the webmail interface to read/send mail or a PC client program like Outlook, Thunderbird, Live Mail?

Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ptmotto
‎08-22-2017 1:37 PM

Assume you and your husband already have accounts set up with one of them as a sub-accounts then for webmail click the gear in upper right to get to the settings.  In the settings pane click Accounts on the left.  The accounts pane will show each account.  For each account you can set what you want the recipients to see in the From address.

If you don't have a sub-account then you can also create send-only email accounts.  You do that from the main webmail page and mouse over the account icon just to the left of the gear.  Then you can create a send-only account.  After that you can use the procedure I just described above with the settings/accounts to configure it appropriately.

If you are using an email client app (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) there should be separate settings to set the name and email address that recipients will see.  This is distinct from the incoming and outgoing server settings which of course must be the att/yahoo server settings.  You would do this for each distinct email account you create in your client app.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Please set up me a email account

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I need help

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support