Protect yourself online
plainsfamily's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 12:58 AM

Setting up a sub account in email

I am trying to set up a sub account in email and am unable to do so.  I tried following the support instructions, but it says to access Manage Sub Accounts when you hover over the Profile button.  When I hover over the Profile button, there is no option for Manage Sub Accounts.  Is there another way to create a sub account?  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@plainsfamily wrote:

I am trying to set up a sub account in email and am unable to do so.  I tried following the support instructions, but it says to access Manage Sub Accounts when you hover over the Profile button.  When I hover over the Profile button, there is no option for Manage Sub Accounts.  Is there another way to create a sub account?  Thanks.

plainsfamily,

Welcome to the forums, I have include another way to access your Add Account in Yahoo Email, I hope this is what you were looking for.

In Yahoo Classic,

Click Options

Click Mail Options

Click Accounts

Click Add Account

In the new ATT Mail,

Click Options

Click More Options

Click Accounts

Click Add Account

Thank you,

James

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

how can fix this problem / its tell me that account is out dated / i window 10, that its my life easier

but know i have too go att.com web site to check em .....can you help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

WOW! this thread is an old one, and I have no clue if the solution provided is even valad any more.

Okay, Yahoo's e-mail setup is a little differant from ATT's.

To create a sub-account for ATT e-mail, do the following:

To set up a sub account under your primary, you log into myatt, go to the myatt tab, hover on it, then pick the sub tab for internet, then click on create or manage sub acounts under the MY e-mail sub tab.

Should be self explanitary from there.

Good luck.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This one worked for me! The other ones are ancient. haha. Thank you for your help!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I am attempting to add an email sub account to my existing att.net main account. I am able to complete the process of data entry for the new account in the Manage Sub-Accounts page, but the Save button does not seem to function. Is there another step I must go through?

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @drwaterman,

Make sure you have the latest browser version. Also, test making the sub account in a another browser like Chrome. This may resolve the issue you are having saving. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I have attenpted the process in both Safari and Chrome with the same results. I have also noted that when I hover over the Save button on the Add Sub Account page, the url/link is the same as when I click on the Add Sub-Account link on the Manage Sub-Accounts page. The result is when I click the Save button, the page just resets back to the top. All of the entered info is still there, but the page rest as if it is ready for new data to be entered.

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Delete cache and cookies and try again. Also, If you do not have an active ATT account, you are unable to create a sub account. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

After deleting the cache it now gives me the message that my account no longer allows the addition of sub-accounts. My account status must have changed in the last year since I added accounts. Thank you for your assistance.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @drwaterman,

Ensure you are using the primary account holder email ID/Access ID when creating sub accounts. The ID that you are using may have had permissions removed if using a sub account.

-ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.