Protect yourself online
sheldan1955's profile

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018 10:21 PM

Setting Up Mailing List from Contacts

I would like to set up a mailing list from my contacts so that I can address my e-mail to those on this list.  I have tried to find this myself and so far have not seen it, although it could be sitting in front of me.

If this has already been asked, please direct me to those posts so that I can find the answer.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Here's how to manage yahoo email contact lists:

Creation:

1. Click the Contacts in tool bar.
  2. Click All contacts you want in the contact list.
  3. Click Assign Contacts button in the right pane.
  4. Choose a list or create a new one by entering a name in the "New List" box.
  5. Click the Done button.

Deletion:

Created contacts list names are shown above a new list button (another way to create an empty list name).  You can delete the list here by clicking on the list name and selecting Delete Lists in the Actions.

Using a contacts list:

When composing an email type the first few letters of the list name in the To field.  A popup menu of suggested names will appear which includes possible contact list name.  Select the name from the popup and you should see the To field populated with the email addresses from the specified contact list.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

It seems my Yahoo mail acct. has lost my contacts list, it is now showing me "0" contacts. What happened and how can I recover this list?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

That's not what the topic of this thread is.  You should start your own thread to avoid confusion.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How do you set up a contact list in the Classic version of email? The "new" version of ATT/Yahoo mail version stopped loading my contacts so I was forced to convert to the Classic email to get access to my contacts.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@diverdaryl - It's similar to the full version layout.  There's a contacts tab next to the inbox tab and when the contacts page is shown there's a add contact command just below the tabs.  But having said that, at the time I am posting this, there's a known problem with contacts in the webmail.  Look here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks- that helps a lot- I thought I was going crazy- got no help from AT&T reps at all!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My contact lists keep dropping names. It happens all the time. I do mailings for our American Legion Post and every month I am missing about 5 names out of every list. Now it won't even let me add names to my lists. Do I need to switch to gmail or something, this is ridiculous.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

My problem is anything but solved! The system generated 'solution' is anything but.

Is there a human out there who can read my question and provide an intelligent answer, whether it's helpful or not.

The 'AT&T answer' is a joke.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@heard99:

If this threads' solution  (which isn't a system generated 'solution' whatever that may mean here - only "humans" post to these forums)i s not the solution to your "problem" then why did you post here when you never stated your problem for context?  No one is obligated to go out of their way to look up your Profile to find out what problem you are even talking about.

I did bother however.  Now I know which thread/problem you are talking about   If what's described here isn't the solution to your problem, say so over there in your own thread.  At least then all the context is supplied.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your patience and tolerance of my impatience. I know you're just trying to help and I apologize for the latter.

The hurdle I can't seem to get over is that of importing the bulk email addresses into my contacts file. I understand how to build my group list from there. The problem is ... how do I 'copy and paste' a list of email addresses from the 'To' address bar in another email. I can't seem to do that step. Is there a way I can capture and convert that list of email addresses into a .csv file suitable for import? Thanks again for your continued patience and assistance.

SH

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.