Helpful Links

Sbcglobal.net vs ATT trying to change my password

Contributor

Sbcglobal.net vs ATT trying to change my password

When I signed up with ATT internet/home phone about 4 years ago, I was given a Yahoo/Sbcglobal email account. I have been hacked at my sbcglobal.net account and when I try to reset my password, I am sent to the Att website(which recently changed so actually I am sent again to the new Att website(grrrrrrrr). I changed the password for my Att account(which I knew then would only change it for my true Att internet/home phone account, not my email, but that was the only option for changing a password that I was given), and of course my sbcglobal.net password is still the same. Please help this is so very frustrating. I hope all of this makes sense.

Message 1 of 15
Contributor

Re: Sbcglobal.net vs ATT trying to change my password

I am having the exact same problem...  Are there any ATT moderators out there reading this???  I need a soultion!

Message 2 of 15
Tutor

I have the same problem.  I got the ATT staff to expunge the sbcglobal account, but, like u said, it's still spamming all these people because i can't change the password..

Message 3 of 15
Tutor

i found this website by going to yahoo.it then it redirected me to the att portal which acknowledged i was an sbcglobal user. from there i was allowed to CHANGE my PASSWORD!!
https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com&src=&partner=reg&intl=us
TELL THEM UR ACCOUNT was compromised. it will ask you your security questions and VOILA!! success!
Message 4 of 15

this still seems to reset my att online billing passcode and not my sbcglobal email passcode

Message 5 of 15
Contributor

I was having the same problem, and I was finally able to change it by going here:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401397#fbid=tGZKoCzrR41

Hope it works for you.

Message 6 of 15
Contributor

Thank you SO MUCH! I didn't think I was ever going to get out of the loop nightmare described by others. 

Message 7 of 15
Contributor

This is now 2014 and this link still works to allow me change my email password as well as my ATT password.

Message 8 of 15
Contributor

Thanks - that link works, BUT

even changing my password has not stopped the onslaught of Mailer--Daemon emails in my Spam folder.  Today it was over 700 of them.  Any ideas?  I had hoped changing password would take care of this spam problem.  Basically I think AT&T/Yahoo/SBC is one hot mess

Message 9 of 15
Contributor

This worked for me!  Thanks!

Message 10 of 15
Contributor

I have the same issue with my sbcglobal.net account as above, but unfortunately nothing allows me to change the password.  Worse, the account is locked by AT&T and I am no longer their customer!  I have called them to no avail....  Any ideas on how to reset the account password would be greatly appreciated!

Message 11 of 15
Contributor

I have the same problem.  Called  AT&T help and did not receive an answer.  They can't seem to understand that changing your AT&T password does not change Yahoo password.  I am 

not sure what to do next.   I cancelled my internet but retained my sbcglobal account.  Is that the problem?

Message 12 of 15
Contributor

I have been hacked on my email account.  I need to change my password, but don't know how.  I would like to write the steps down so next time I will know what to do. Martha *** email account ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 13 of 15
Contributor

I DID NOT attempt to change my password! This is someone trying to hack my acct. Please STOP this attempt
Message 14 of 15
Mentor

I am sorry to hear that! Click this link for instructions for resetting your email password: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/dial-up/KM1009464

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Announcements

Having trouble with your email? Need to change your password? Has your email been hacked? Check out the links below for help! Don't Forget To Search The Forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support