For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
leslieslade1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 6:19 PM

Sbcglobal.net vs ATT trying to change my password

When I signed up with ATT internet/home phone about 4 years ago, I was given a Yahoo/Sbcglobal email account. I have been hacked at my sbcglobal.net account and when I try to reset my password, I am sent to the Att website(which recently changed so actually I am sent again to the new Att website(grrrrrrrr). I changed the password for my Att account(which I knew then would only change it for my true Att internet/home phone account, not my email, but that was the only option for changing a password that I was given), and of course my sbcglobal.net password is still the same. Please help this is so very frustrating. I hope all of this makes sense.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same problem.  Called  AT&T help and did not receive an answer.  They can't seem to understand that changing your AT&T password does not change Yahoo password.  I am 

not sure what to do next.   I cancelled my internet but retained my sbcglobal account.  Is that the problem?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have been hacked on my email account.  I need to change my password, but don't know how.  I would like to write the steps down so next time I will know what to do. Martha *** email account ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I DID NOT attempt to change my password! This is someone trying to hack my acct. Please STOP this attempt

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

7 years ago

I am sorry to hear that! Click this link for instructions for resetting your email password: https://www.att.com/support/article/dial-up/KM1009464/

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.