For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
leslieslade1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 6:19 PM

Sbcglobal.net vs ATT trying to change my password

When I signed up with ATT internet/home phone about 4 years ago, I was given a Yahoo/Sbcglobal email account. I have been hacked at my sbcglobal.net account and when I try to reset my password, I am sent to the Att website(which recently changed so actually I am sent again to the new Att website(grrrrrrrr). I changed the password for my Att account(which I knew then would only change it for my true Att internet/home phone account, not my email, but that was the only option for changing a password that I was given), and of course my sbcglobal.net password is still the same. Please help this is so very frustrating. I hope all of this makes sense.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am having the exact same problem...  Are there any ATT moderators out there reading this???  I need a soultion!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have the same problem.  I got the ATT staff to expunge the sbcglobal account, but, like u said, it's still spamming all these people because i can't change the password..

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

i found this website by going to yahoo.it then it redirected me to the att portal which acknowledged i was an sbcglobal user. from there i was allowed to CHANGE my PASSWORD!!
https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot?done=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com&src=&partner=reg&intl=us
TELL THEM UR ACCOUNT was compromised. it will ask you your security questions and VOILA!! success!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

this still seems to reset my att online billing passcode and not my sbcglobal email passcode

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I was having the same problem, and I was finally able to change it by going here:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401397#fbid=tGZKoCzrR41

Hope it works for you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thank you SO MUCH! I didn't think I was ever going to get out of the loop nightmare described by others. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is now 2014 and this link still works to allow me change my email password as well as my ATT password.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks - that link works, BUT

even changing my password has not stopped the onslaught of Mailer--Daemon emails in my Spam folder.  Today it was over 700 of them.  Any ideas?  I had hoped changing password would take care of this spam problem.  Basically I think AT&T/Yahoo/SBC is one hot mess

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This worked for me!  Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same issue with my sbcglobal.net account as above, but unfortunately nothing allows me to change the password.  Worse, the account is locked by AT&T and I am no longer their customer!  I have called them to no avail....  Any ideas on how to reset the account password would be greatly appreciated!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.