Protect yourself online
mggordon's profile

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Thursday, July 19th, 2012 7:11 PM

SPAMGUARD not working

Starting about six weeks ago I suddenly started getting inundated with SPAM after not receiving a single piece in years. I turned Spamguard on and off but it didn't do anything.

Something must have changed at the Yahoo! end of things and I'm getting extremeley fruststrated. What can the problem possibly be?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

12 years ago

@mggordon wrote:

Starting about six weeks ago I suddenly started getting inundated with SPAM after not receiving a single piece in years. I turned Spamguard on and off but it didn't do anything.

Something must have changed at the Yahoo! end of things and I'm getting extremeley fruststrated. What can the problem possibly be?

Welcome mggordon and thank you for posting.  The following solutions should help...

Tips to avoid email spam

Protect yourself from email phishing and fake websites

How do I block mail from a specific sender? Can I un-block it later?

Regards,

Alex

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

ATTAlexCM you keep giving links to people about spamguard not working

Obviously something changed on the ATT/Yahoo end so spamguard doesn't work anymore.. Instead of a canned response can you give a real answer?

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

12 years ago

Wow....I thought it was just my bad luck. About 2 weeks ago, the spam started showing up like crazy in my Inbox - especially very early in the morning hours (5 am). It figures that something must have changed at ATT/Yahoo. Please fix this.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

well AT&T... anyhting to say... more than a few are having this problem....

nothing but crickets... maybe comcast would be better??

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

How come no answer still AT&T

Guess it's time to start calling comcast.. I am sick and tired of getting spam box filled everyday when my settings are set to delete IMMEDIATELY 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

AT&T where are you with answers for this?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

I am having the same problem. Getting too many spams by the minute and many with a virus attached hurting my computer.

I am tired of this. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.