Explore & discover

Helpful Links

SMTP outbound mail relay

SMTP outbound mail relay

Does the AT&T Fixed Wireless Business service provide an outbound SMTP mail relay? What is the FQDN for that server and which protocol(s) does it support? Which credentials do I use to authenticate?

Tags (4)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: SMTP outbound mail relay

Does it support inbound POP/IMAP?  If so why wouldn't you expect it to support SMTP?  I am assuming that no matter how you access att/yahoo email (business and otherwise) the servers are the same, i.e., what's documented here.  I don't know if there are separate servers defined for business accounts or not.  Try the ones I referenced and if they don't work call tech support (800-288-2020, or is there another support number for business accounts?).

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

So, after more than four calls to AT&T Customer Service about this issue, I finally have a useful answer.

First, AT&T does have an outbound SMTP mail relay and it's at the FQDN given in the page you provided. It's smtp.mail.att.net and supports both 587 and the obsolete 465.

However, what I finally learned today, by posing leading questions to the Customer Service staff, was that Fixed Wireless Business service does NOT include E-mail service. Therefore, I can't use smtp.mail.att.net.

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

However, what I finally learned today, by posing leading questions to the Customer Service staff, was that Fixed Wireless Business service does NOT include E-mail service.

I sort of implied I didn't know anything about business accounts but them not supporting any email access is a bit surprising.Man Surprised  Just as well though. IMO, now you can go out and look for a real email service (i.e.,one that knows how to run an email service), with privacy, support, and decent spam fighting tools.  All things att/yahoo email doesn't have (again IMO).  I wouldn't recommend anyone running a business use yahoo as their primary email service provider.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support