For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
thebillmania's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, July 26th, 2019 10:19 PM

SMTP outbound mail relay

Does the AT&T Fixed Wireless Business service provide an outbound SMTP mail relay? What is the FQDN for that server and which protocol(s) does it support? Which credentials do I use to authenticate?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Does it support inbound POP/IMAP?  If so why wouldn't you expect it to support SMTP?  I am assuming that no matter how you access att/yahoo email (business and otherwise) the servers are the same, i.e., what's documented here.  I don't know if there are separate servers defined for business accounts or not.  Try the ones I referenced and if they don't work call tech support (800-288-2020, or is there another support number for business accounts?).

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

So, after more than four calls to AT&T Customer Service about this issue, I finally have a useful answer.

First, AT&T does have an outbound SMTP mail relay and it's at the FQDN given in the page you provided. It's smtp.mail.att.net and supports both 587 and the obsolete 465.

However, what I finally learned today, by posing leading questions to the Customer Service staff, was that Fixed Wireless Business service does NOT include E-mail service. Therefore, I can't use smtp.mail.att.net.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

However, what I finally learned today, by posing leading questions to the Customer Service staff, was that Fixed Wireless Business service does NOT include E-mail service.

I sort of implied I didn't know anything about business accounts but them not supporting any email access is a bit surprising.Man Surprised  Just as well though. IMO, now you can go out and look for a real email service (i.e.,one that knows how to run an email service), with privacy, support, and decent spam fighting tools.  All things att/yahoo email doesn't have (again IMO).  I wouldn't recommend anyone running a business use yahoo as their primary email service provider.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.