Protect yourself online
FriscoJim's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 10th, 2017 8:59 PM

Can I login with my sbcglobal.net email address and password?

I am trying to help a friend with an SBCGlobal.net email account.

She still uses an old SBCGlobal website to access mail and I can't find a way to import addresses or create groups using that site.  I know how to do it with the ATT Yahoo email website. She now has ATT for internet but wants to keep the sbcglobal email address.

Can she use the ATT Yahoo site to log in using her old email address and password?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I haven't did anything that I know of to merge or unmerge emails. When I checked my email account I had lost all past messages for years and all the conacts were missing.  Who do I call to insure I can continue to use the email sbcglobal.net?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I haven't been able to access @sbcglobal.net email since 12/20/17.  Numerous calls to att support have not restored access to email.  Att also referred me to Yahoo reporting Yahoo had to fix things on their end.  Yahoo set me back to Att.  Went through trouble shooting with Att support for the 10th time with the same results, no access.  They report they have a problem with the site.  Again waiting on a call back from support to restore access to sbcglobal.net email.  I have started the process to move to new non att email account.  With 20 years of email contacts with the same address, moving all over to new address is going to be difficult.  But haven't had any success with ATT.  Probably going to get end my ATT accounts at the end of the contract if my email is not restored soon. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I haven't been able to access @swbell.net.net email since Mar 19,.2018  Numerous calls to att support have not restored access to email.  Att also referred me to Yahoo reporting Yahoo had to fix things on their end.  Yahoo set me back to Att.  Went through trouble shooting with Att support for the 10th time with the same results, no access.  They report they have a problem with the site.  Again waiting on a call back from support to restore access to sbcglobal.net email.  I have started the process to move to new non att email account.  With 20 years of email contacts with the same address, moving all over to new address is going to be difficult.  But haven't had any success with ATT.  Probably going to get end my ATT accounts at the end of the contract if my email is not restored soon. I have 8 numbers with ATT. Grrrr

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I too experienced the same thing and this is very frustrating.  There was no warning about losing info when accepting the updates to merge.  I had passwords and contacts on there for years that I no longer can access.  This is completely unacceptable.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Same problem here as MikeBerglund and Dipper2 stated, I have an att.net email account that will POP but my sbcglobal.net email account has not worked with POP or IMAP since March 18. AT&T has always farmed our email out to Yahoo, now Yahoo is in the process of being bought by Verizon. This means our AT&T email is now in the hands of AT&T's main competitor. Hello?... does anyone at AT&T actually care that this is NOT okay? To sweeten this debacle even further, Yahoo has just announced that they are going to begin reading and data collecting our emails.

If AT&T does NOT think this is going to affect their internet customer retention rates they are in for a big surprise. Do the math. I cannot access my main email account that I pay AT&T good money for through any mail client. This is completely unacceptable and this issue is now over a month old.

UPDATE - As of today (for now) I can once again POP both my att.net and sbcglobal.net accounts, and SMTP (sometimes) on my att.net accounts but not at all on my sbcglobal.net accounts.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How do I retrieve emails from roadrunner after we switched to at&t

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

we switched to at&t from spectrum and thought we were going to get same email address but did not happen . We lost emails can we retrieve them from spectrum / roadrunner?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Is there any way we can recover our email on sbcglobal.net I am very upset about this I am like all of you I have things on there that I cant get to anymore

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have trouble getting into my sbcglobal.net email too.  Sometimes it's just fine and pops right up.  Then like today it won't show up.  Says "not found on accelerator".  My typing showed up backwards at one point.  I found how to fix that but I'd sure like to get to my email!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.