Protect yourself online
Littleolady's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, January 27th, 2019 12:35 AM

SBCGLOBAL EMAIL ACCOUNT QUIT

My SBCGLOBAL account has worked perfectly for many years.  It is set up in Microsoft Outlook 2016 and configured as a POP account.  I have other SBC accounts configured exactly the same and they still work perfectly.  The error states it is a "receiving" reported error and the login is rejected.  I have tried numerous settings and repair items but it will not work while other accounts configured exactly like it operate just fine.  Comcast is my internet provider and I'm using Chrome browser.  Please help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I have other SBC accounts configured exactly the same and they still work perfectly.

Are all these subaccounts of the one that's not working?  In other words is the problem account the primary account or is it too a subaccount?

Have you tried changing the password of the one that isn't working?

Have you tried using a secure mail key instead of the password in the one that isn't working?  Read this (which includes a link to how to create a secure mail key).

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

You have to log into myAT&T for each subaccount (using that subaccounts email address and password)  to create its own secure mail key. 

Note secure passwords are no just fancy passwords.  They are intended to add an additional layer of security particularly for mobile devices.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Here's the instructions to set up outlook 2016.  Note those instructions will mention the secure mail key too.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

This is a sub account and the main account is still working perfectly and others.

From my understanding of Oauth - it is not available on a desktop computer running Windows 10 and using Microsoft Office Outlook as the email client.  It appears I would need to use the "other" Outlook.  Am I wrong on this?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Partly wrong about what that article says.  It says if the client doesn't support OAuth use a secure mail key instead of the password.  That's what I am suggesting.  Besides att has never made it clear (to me in that article) whether "OAuth" meant OAuth1 oir OAuth2 which are incompatible with each other.  Probably OAuth2 but they should say that.  But the secure mail key will always be acceptable to any email client talking to the att/yahoo servers since from the email client's point of view it's just a password.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

When I go into the "Secure Mail Key" settings - it only gives me the opportunity to create one for the main account which is working perfectly - not the sub-account which is not.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much for directing me to the correct sign in location.  I knew I had to sign in to learn what was wrong or change anything, but none of the other sign-in places would even accept my sign in.  The one you sent did  myAT&T and I was informed the account had been blocked and that I needed to change the password.   Email clients such as Microsoft Outlook never give you a reason why they are not working which is why I needed to sign into the web-based account but none of the sites I tried worked.  The one you sent did and I was able to change my password and now everything works again.  Thank you so much.  

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Glad you got your legacy account working again.Man Happy

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

@_xyzzy_ 

I got a secure mail key for my account, but it still won't connect to the server.  It finds the server, but the server rejects my login, after repeatedly prompting me to enter my password again for the incoming and outgoing server.   

Had Outlook 2003 on Windows 2007 until last weekend when it stopped working because of this "key" business - purchased Office 2016, Outlook pulled all my e-mail over and still would not connect, so I got the key and it still doesn't work.

Any advice?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm looking for help to reset up my Yahoo Account (Email) from AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.