Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Prodigy Email is bouncing

Tutor

Prodigy Email is bouncing

One of my senior relatives reports that his prodigy.net email is no longer working. If I send to it

I get back a message that the account no longer exists. See below. I don't believe this is a password

reset issue due to the type of bounce message I receive trying to send to that email address which 

has worked for perhaps 20 years or so. The account owner has tried calling AT&T on several occasions

and has not been able to get someone to pick up. Can you please instruct as to how this kind of problem 

should be resolved? Please verify the phone number for in person support of the issue and note any 

other methods the account holder could take to get this resolved. Thank you.

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to redacted@prodigy.netbecause the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
The response from the remote server was:

550 5.2.1 <redacted@prodigy.net>... Addressee unknown, relay=[209.85.208.46]

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Tell the recipient to try calling the Digital Assistance Center (877-273-2728) and see what they suggest.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

Thank you. I'm waiting to hear back if that's the number he's been trying to reach. 

In the mean time as far as you know prodigy accounts should still be in existence and

reachable via yahoo mail? Nothing's changed about the access method?

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by mmedwid
‎01-11-2019 12:42 PM

It's considered an att  legacy account (e.g. sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, bellsouth.net, etc., i.e., any att domain other than att.net).  It's as valid as any other att domain and they are all accessed the same way.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Tutor

I worked with my relative to reset his password and that succeeded. However when we tried to access we got the message below that his AT&T Yahoo services had been suspended. He hasn't had AT&T DSL in ages. I think that perhaps 20 years ago he had AT&T DSL and got the AT&T/Yahoo prodigy email at that time. A couple of years ago AT&T started charging his credit card for Internet services he wasn't using. He called them and they acknowledged that those should be refunded and they were. But I think that in the process - they also disabled his access to AT&T Yahoo Prodigy email. (breath) SO.. should he be able to recover his email access without getting charged $29.95/month for DSL service that he doesn't use? 

The AT&T DSL offices were closed when we tried to call them together today. 

AT&T Yahoo! services suspended

You no longer have access to your AT&T Yahoo! account redacted@prodigy.net because your AT&T Yahoo! Internet services have been suspended. If you want to continue using your AT&T Yahoo! ID redacted@prodigy.net, please call AT&T Customer Service to reactivate your AT&T Yahoo! service.

• To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! Dial, call 1-866-SBC-DIAL (1-866-722-3425).
  • To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! DSL, call 1-877-SBC-DSL5 (1-877-722-3755).
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

We got this issue resolved at 800=772=3140. It was a legacy dialup prodigy account and they were able to separate the email from the ancient dialup service. 

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support