Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Are you impacted by the government shutdown? We’re here to help.  Learn more 

Problem downloading ATT Toolbar

Contributor

Problem downloading ATT Toolbar

Yesterday I downloaded the newest Internet Explorer, IE8.  I had the ATT Toolbar previously.  I customized it and I enjoyed having it.  When IE8 was downloaded, the ATT toolbar was gone.  Several attempts to download it again have failed.  I go to the site, click the large yellow button to download it. the gray boxes appear when I click Run, then they disappear then that's it.  No toolbar.  I had a chat with an ATT support person.  She advised me to check the Compatibility View Settings, which are set correctly.  She was checking something else when the connection was cut off. 

Am i doing something wrong?  I really liked the ATT toolbar and I'd like to keep it. 

Message 1 of 2
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by mjfinlay
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Problem downloading ATT Toolbar

Hi mjfinlay,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and would be glad to fix the issue.

This issue usually comes up when the browser version gets upgraded.

Before reinstalling the AT&T tool bar, you would need to ensure that the previous copy of the tool bar (either Yahoo! toolbar or AT&T toolbar)  is completely uninstalled from the computer.

You can do so by performing the following steps.

1. For Windows XP

a) Click on Start button on the extreme lower left corner of the desktop screen.

b) Click on Control Panel---->Add and Remove Programs.

c) The list of " Currently Installed Programs"  would come up.

d) Please locate Yahoo! or AT&T Tool bar. Highlight it and click on Change/Remove button to uninstall the program.

e) Restart the computer and try to download the AT&T tool bar using the link att.software.yahoo.com

2. For Vista

a) Click on the Windows button ( on the extreme lower left corner of the desktop screen) --->Control Panel---->Programs

b) The " Uninstall or Change a Program" screen would come up

c) Please locate the Yahoo! or AT&T Tool bar and click on Uninstall.

d) Restart the computer and try to download the AT&T tool bar using the link att.software.yahoo.com

3. For Windows 7

a) Click on the Windows button (on the extreme lower left corner of the desktop screen) --->Control Panel-->Programs

b) Click on Programs and Features. The "Uninstall or Change a Program" screen would come up.

c) Locate the Yahoo! or AT&T Tool bar and click on Uninstall.

d) Restart the computer and try to download the AT&T tool bar using the link att.software.yahoo.com

You would also need to verify that Active Scripting is enabled in Internet Explorer with the steps below

Select "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Security" > "Custom level" > Scroll down to "Active Scripting" under the category "Scripting."

If the option "Disable" or "Prompt" is selected, please click "Enable."

You can then try installing the tool bar from the web link att.software.yahoo.com 

If the issue persists, please feel free to contact AT&T technical support at 1-877-722-3755 (toll free), 24/7.

We look forward to speaking with you to resolve this issue.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support