Protect yourself online
zepians's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Friday, January 18th, 2013 10:02 PM

Pro internet suddenly very slow downloads

I bought the Pro high speed internet package about 6 years ago.  I purchased that one specifically for the photo, movie and music downloads. I've been noticing in the last year or so that it has been taking forever to download pictures, music, and Youtube videos.  Everything on my computer checks out fine.  Any ideas as to why it has gotten so slow? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@zepians wrote:

I bought the Pro high speed internet package about 6 years ago.  I purchased that one specifically for the photo, movie and music downloads. I've been noticing in the last year or so that it has been taking forever to download pictures, music, and Youtube videos.  Everything on my computer checks out fine.  Any ideas as to why it has gotten so slow? 

zepians,

I have a few links for you to try that will hopefully get your speeds back to normal.

This first one is for the trouble shooting of slow speeds.

Slow Speed Troubleshoot

This link talks a bit about internet speeds and includes a speed test link to test and see if your in the proper range.

Speed Test and Understanding Internet Speeds

Thank you for your time,

James

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

I went to speedtest.net and it showed me a ping of 26ms; download speed of 2.04mbps; and upload speed of .43mbps

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.