For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
wmfox1's profile

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

Monday, December 4th, 2017 9:33 PM

Possible scam using YAHOO "The Classic version of AT&T Mail will be replaced by our new version"

1. I hope this is the correct place for this post.
  2. I Received an email from:  YAHOO<0ffice@medfordchamberma.com>
  3. So, if it is from AT&T why would it use a Medford, MA Chamber of Commerce email address instead of one from AT&T?
  4. Libby Joe, 
    Managing Director, 
    AT&T Mail Consumer Sales and Service
  5. Dear myusername@sbcglobal.net, 

The Classic version of AT&T Mail will be replaced by our new version. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access. 

Log-in Restore

Thanks for choosing AT&T

Libby Joe, 
    Managing Director, 
    AT&T Mail Consumer Sales and Service

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Ah, someone who included the actual mail message.  It's a scam/phishing.  Someone else reported this email too.  That Log-in Restore link is not to an att site (don't click it).  It's to ww w.premium-werbeartikel.de/yahoo/index.htm, a German site, hardly an att site.  And of course you spotted the medfordchamberma.com sending domain.

If yahoo wants to change the layout of their classic email webpage they don't need to tell you about it.  They just do it.  It has no effect on your login information and nothing needs to be verified.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I received this today.

Today at 8:24 AM
 Message body
Your Mail version is outdated, Failure to Upgrade to the newest AT&T Yahoo Mail..
Mail 7.1 now will result to a permanent account closure.

To upgrade click the link below and accept our new terms and conditions.
Thanks for choosing AT&T Yahoo Mail. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, that too is phishing.  There is absolutely no reason to go to any website to update "update" a webmail.  A webmail is just a web page.  If there is any updating needed to view it it would be your browser that needs updating.  For example this announcement.

As in the original post, your "click here" link is to att-yahoomail74.webnode.com which is another specious site.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I did open what appears to be from scam put in my email and yahoo password got to next page and it gave me message of could not find URL and go to yahoo help. I realized only than that this had to be scam and I came to this sight to see if others got the same message.  I am on an Apple iPad not computer so I don’t think this information actually got sent as the url wasn’t recognized. Should I still go into yahoo and change my password for some reason?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.