Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Port 25 blocked on my Static IP address since june 1st?!?

Teacher

Port 25 blocked on my Static IP address since june 1st?!?

Been running an exchange 2010 server over assigned static IP address for years now. We moved to new location and transferred service receiving new IP address. Everything worked fine for last few months. As of June 1st all traffic started being blocked outbound over port 25. This is a business account not residential. How do I get help resolving this. I can telnet through port 587 to all the email servers that are stuck in my exchange queues. If I try to telnet over port 25 it will not connect. I am not on any block lists and the server has been locked down from being a relay server for years now. No settings changed server side. All test say ISP is blocking port 25. Please help we need to be able to send our emails to operate as a business.

Message 1 of 37
Mentor

Re: Port 25 blocked on my Static IP address since june 1st?!?

Thanks for all your help @JefferMC, finally saw the responses being returned on port 25....

Message 31 of 37
Contributor

Still no joy in Mississippi

Message 32 of 37
Contributor

If anyone can help me get my email servers working again, please call Mark at 228-218-9523

Message 33 of 37
Teacher

Still no joy after 19 days?

Or is this a new problem you should be reporting?

Mine and to my knowledge everyone who was suffering from this back in the first week of june 2017 had this fixed 5 days later when AT&T technicians resolved the setting on their side which was blocking port 25 for business static IP addresses. after the solution was implemented a simple modem reset grabbed the new settings and resolved the issues. I believe you are digging up a dead post and should be making a new post about your new issue. zombie posts be zombie post. also I would recommend not posting your phone numbers on the internet. just not a good practice.

To confirm I just did a quick test and out bound emails are working on my server fine. whatever these new posts are about they are not in relation to the issues that I stated above, which was resolved.

Please start a new post where which you describe your new issue so someone might be able to help you.

Thanks

Message 34 of 37
Tutor

BTW, I re-booted the UVerse modem/router and it made no difference.

Message 35 of 37
Mentor

I think our issue was specific to a change in the dsl infrastructure. I'd start a new thread for your issue. 

Message 36 of 37
Contributor

On Oct 18,2017 Wednesday night 11:39PM our monitoring provider ( site24x7.com ) alerted us of an outage to our EMAIL SYSTEMS, particularly the incoming emails on SMTP port 25.

We were looking for any issues on our internal network, on our servers until we eventually figured out that it was BELL CANADA blocking our port 25 (no inbound email access). We immediately notified bell on Thursday at 10AM. The level 1 techs said it was impossible and did not believe us, even after speaking amongst themselves. I instructed them to place the bell modem into bridge mode, which they did. We performed more testing and the results were the same, only PORT 25 was being blocked, while our other hosting services like http , https, imap, pop3 were functional. We tried resolving the issue by calling BELL CANADA again, but again we were met with no help and actually told to contact an outside technical support company. I let the BELL representative aware that we are an IT support company and perform hosting and other networking services for many clients since more than a decade. I pleaded with the rep to please contact level 2/3 support in order to regulate the issue. We took a decision to switch over our clients onto our backup [/24 VIDEOTRON ] network immediately which would cause more downtime, but would guarantee functionality by the end of day for all our clients services (email/hosting/saas).

On Oct 21, 2017 Saturday morning at 10:30AM, the same tests were conducted and the Blocked port 25 was no longer restricted ! It was now working properly. I can't believe that no one knows at bell canada what happened ? We are obviously looking to replace them and their primitive service !

Message 37 of 37
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support