Protect yourself online
BrewtisSD's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2017 1:17 AM

Port 25 blocked on my Static IP address since june 1st?!?

Been running an exchange 2010 server over assigned static IP address for years now. We moved to new location and transferred service receiving new IP address. Everything worked fine for last few months. As of June 1st all traffic started being blocked outbound over port 25. This is a business account not residential. How do I get help resolving this. I can telnet through port 587 to all the email servers that are stuck in my exchange queues. If I try to telnet over port 25 it will not connect. I am not on any block lists and the server has been locked down from being a relay server for years now. No settings changed server side. All test say ISP is blocking port 25. Please help we need to be able to send our emails to operate as a business.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Was told a technician was looking into unblocking the port on my IP address and I would be updated as soon as there was more information. 3 and a half hour later and I'm still trying to patiently wait. Still will update if this method brings me to the solution. Stay strong people... stay strong

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

@ATTU-verseCare and @ATTDSLCare, just mentioning y'all to make sure this is on your radar.  Hopefully these nice people have been sending you Private Messages with their account information.  Note that it appears to be more than one or two isolated accounts.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the continued assistance @JefferMC This does appear to be affecting more then a few isolated accounts. hope the source of the issue gets rooted out soon.

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

@JefferMC I have been in contact with @ATTU-verseCare and based on what I'm seeing this does appear to be something new for them as well.

Based on what they are seeing, I had already had the smtp block removed years ago.

At a network level, I'm seeing an AT&T IP at 67.38.100.97 respond with an ICMP packet that shuts down the connection attempt (ICMP Type 3 Code 13) every time I try to make a port 25 connection.

I think that somewhere in the AT&T hierarchy, something new has been switched on and few at the support side of things are aware of this new thing.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

AT&T has a bunch of ports they block to control DDoS attacks.  This is likely a new initiative along those lines.  It may have been poorly thought out. 

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

7 years ago

Same issues here. Went a full day on Friday before we were aware that emails were not flowing out. Missed some proposal deadlines and cause some irreversible customer relations issues.

Apparently, even thought we have TWO DSL BUSINESS accounts (one primary and one backup) this is effecting both of them.

It appears that ATT does not consider CORPORATE DSL accounts as "real" business accounts. Pity.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am having same issue; have AT&T business DSL internet with assigned static IP range for year have been running my email server with SMTP port 25 open; have used all of best practices including firewalls and other tools to proactively prevent any of my email users from sending spam.  since 48 hours ago AT&T has blocked my SMTP port 25 without advanced notice that has impacted my personal emails and business emails and has caused a lot of trouble for me and my users for past 48 hours. I have contacted their support over 30 times and still the port is not opened although they gave me bunch of ticket and case numbers and promises that it will be resolved in less than 2-3 hours. This being said while majority of their technical support staff just play you around and drop the call after wasting over half an hour of your time without answering or trying to send you to connecttech to sell you desktop help desk support and bunch of other similar dead ends.  i have been told by few technical supports that their interface that allowed opening and managing port 25 has been under maintenance and they are aware of this outage impacting port 25.  I am not sure if that is true or not but I am very disappointed and already looking for alternative connection. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

@MO_MIKE  and @behbah, if you have not already done so, Private Message your information to @ATTBusinessCare@ATTDSLCare or @ATTU-verseCare as appropriate to your account type.  Let's make sure they have a stack of actual account requests to report to network manglement.

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Is there anyone with this issue that is able to do a packet dump. 

I'm in the Chicago region. I'm getting a Type 3 Code 13 ICMP packet from a Chicago area AT&T ip whenever I try a port 25 connection. Maybe if we collect the IPs involved, someone higher up at AT&T will recognize that list and figure out what this is. 

The ip I'm seeing is 67.38.100.97

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

7 years ago

The worst part about this is the fact that email is a major part of ALL of our business communications. To have the ability to send emails disrupted is one thing. To have it STILL going on 120 hours since it started is another. This is not like a natural disaster that they have to rebuild infrastructure, this is an issue of ATTs own doing. AT least they could release port 25, and allow their business customers to return to service THEN figure out how to block port 25 from residential users, if they wish.

I am a communications consultant, who has recommended ATT services to thousands to my clients over the years. I think it is time for these recommendations to cease.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.