Protect yourself online
BrewtisSD's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2017 1:17 AM

Port 25 blocked on my Static IP address since june 1st?!?

Been running an exchange 2010 server over assigned static IP address for years now. We moved to new location and transferred service receiving new IP address. Everything worked fine for last few months. As of June 1st all traffic started being blocked outbound over port 25. This is a business account not residential. How do I get help resolving this. I can telnet through port 587 to all the email servers that are stuck in my exchange queues. If I try to telnet over port 25 it will not connect. I am not on any block lists and the server has been locked down from being a relay server for years now. No settings changed server side. All test say ISP is blocking port 25. Please help we need to be able to send our emails to operate as a business.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Business class DSL with a static line.

Did you reboot the modem?

This was the thread in the other forum: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31445602-General-Business-class-DSL-outbound-port-25-blocked

I don't know if the change is all the way rolled out--or if perhaps it is just in the Chicago area. 

And this is what they suggested:

>we found the root cause and have fixed it.  Anyone else that should

>have open port 25 access needs to either reboot their DSL modem or

>manually drop and reconnect your session to clear the port 25 filter.

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Seeing the same thing on my Linux mail server and static dsl that has been a mail server on that ip for over a decade. The last successful sent email was 1:52am Central on June 1.

I'm actually seeing an ICMP Type 3 Code 13 from an upstream AT&T IP address that's shutting down the connection attempt. 

Two unseuccessful support calls. Let me know if you figure out the process to fix this. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

@BrewtisSD, I'd suggest you send a Private Message to @ATTBusinessCare, as this is a business account.

@DyerUser, send a Private Message to @ATTU-verseCare.

In the private message, provide your account number, best way to contact you and explain that your account did not have the TCP Port 25 block (SMTP) until last Wednesday and now it does, and ask that it be removed again.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your follow up JefferMC. I will do as you suggested and post back if it gets resolved.

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks as well @JefferMC. 

PM sent. I too will respond if resolved. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I have still not recieved a response from  @ATTBusinessCare. It's says they still have not even read my PM. It's monday morning and my business can not send emails. This is a major problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Whoever made this decision and wasted hours of time for IT admins, AT&T support personnel, and users deserves to be FIRED!!!! You cant block a well-known port as an ISP especially SMTP!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue. Problem seems to have started at 9 am Pacific on June 2. I was just alerted to it and am rushing to address it. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I just talked to someone in support who told me that this is an effect of splitting from Yahoo. She tried to convince me that "ATT has never supported port 25" and that I just need to enable SSL. Uh, no. So at the moment I'm stuck. I'm investigating switching ISPs, but until that I'll see if I can relay off a rented VM.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

The support systems at AT&T are the worst I've found anywhere. Other places at least have a tech support chat so I'll have a printed log afterwards. They usually have a trouble ticket system. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.