Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Parental controls for NVG 599

Contributor

Parental controls for NVG 599

I'm going absolutely batty. 

So -- I'm trying to figure out how to set parental controls for INTERNET using the NVG 599. 

I found some software on the att.com site - but that only seems to work up until Windows 7. 

I've "chatted" with 3 agents, and phone another agent. The agent I phoned gave me a phone number to call -- and that tech support phone number doesn't work without me enterting an AT&T phone number (I don't have an AT&T phone number Smiley Happy all our phones are with T-Mobile) 

I mean - this shouldn't be THAT hard -- I'm probalby not the only parent on the planet that might WANT my child to have access to WiFi at 3 PM -- and NOT have access to WiFi at 3 AM and might want to be able to turn OFF WiFi at 5 PM if homework is not yet done. 

And I REALLY don't want to change the WiFi passwords every time I want to add / restrict the access for one person (I mean do you KNOW how many devices are in the average family). 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎12-18-2016 4:37 PM

Re: Parental controls for NVG 599

Bottom line:  AT&T Internet Parental Controls does not currently support Windows 8 or Windows 10 or Mac computers.

You could run a second router behind the ATT router that would provide the limits you want and would work with Windows 10.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Parental controls for NVG 599

Ok.  It's a shame ATT can't keep up with tech.  Could you provide instructions for installing a second router.  Also, what is a good router to buy for that purpose?

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support