Protect yourself online
MaryWu's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 18th, 2016 9:41 PM

Parental controls for NVG 599

I'm going absolutely batty. 

So -- I'm trying to figure out how to set parental controls for INTERNET using the NVG 599. 

I found some software on the att.com site - but that only seems to work up until Windows 7. 

I've "chatted" with 3 agents, and phone another agent. The agent I phoned gave me a phone number to call -- and that tech support phone number doesn't work without me enterting an AT&T phone number (I don't have an AT&T phone number 🙂 all our phones are with T-Mobile) 

I mean - this shouldn't be THAT hard -- I'm probalby not the only parent on the planet that might WANT my child to have access to WiFi at 3 PM -- and NOT have access to WiFi at 3 AM and might want to be able to turn OFF WiFi at 5 PM if homework is not yet done. 

And I REALLY don't want to change the WiFi passwords every time I want to add / restrict the access for one person (I mean do you KNOW how many devices are in the average family). 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

Bottom line:  AT&T Internet Parental Controls does not currently support Windows 8 or Windows 10 or Mac computers.

You could run a second router behind the ATT router that would provide the limits you want and would work with Windows 10.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Ok.  It's a shame ATT can't keep up with tech.  Could you provide instructions for installing a second router.  Also, what is a good router to buy for that purpose?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.