Protect yourself online
Adam42Kelly's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 4th, 2013 2:18 AM

Parental Approval For Sub Accounts

Former AT&T DSL customers, now using a free att.net e-mail account.  We received the e-mail notice for approving our children's sub accounts and approved the one which was listed.  However, when another child tried to access their e-mail, they were confronted with a similar message which didn't allow them to go any further.  We followed the link and signed in with the parent account, but the message told us there were no more child accounts awaiting approval.  We cannot find where to approve the remaining sub accounts.  We're afraid we are going to lose these sub accounts if we don't resolve this issue soon.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I've finally had this resolved.  The problem lies in the fact that Yahoo! manages AT&T's e-mail.  There was a deadline date for AT&T (I believe it was the 10th of July) at which point the sub-accounts which weren't approved were disabled.  In the sub-account management (through myATT.net) I was then able to approve those sub-accounts with AT&T.  That still meant I needed to approve them with Yahoo! also.

However, when the sub-accounts logged in, they were still presented with the standard "need parental consent" message and logging into with the parental account still did not list the sub-accounts.  Following one of the links, I was able to find a Yahoo! help form.  I filled out the form-- of which I was a little skeptical because it didn't address my exact problem-- submitted it, and crossed my fingers.  It took a week before I discovered any results.

This morning when I logged onto my son's sub-account, I still had the "need parental consent" message.  I clicked the button to log on with the parent account, not expecting anything different.  To my pleasant surprise, my son's account was listed as needing to be approved.  I gave it approval and was then able to log on to his account right away.

I hope this helps someone else.

Here is where I started with Yahoo! (http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&page=contact&srcContact=acct_care#comm-form)  Use the "E-mail a Support Agent" option.  Good luck!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

My daughter can't access her email. She gets this message: 

Kids & Parents: We want to make sure you know about an important change coming to all family accounts on Yahoo!

Kids: Please ask your parent to sign in with their Yahoo! ID to give us permission for you to keep your account.

I clicked on "parent consent" at the bottom of the page. I signed is as instructed with my info to give consent.  It brings me to a page that says that I do not have any children's accounts needing parental consent.

She can't get her email because she needs consent and I can't give it.  I went to my sub-accounts where her account is listed and nothing is there to give consent.

This is something new as of July 1st.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Just spent almost an hour on the phone.  Apparently, they are being inundated with phone calls about this problem.  She submitted a request to fix it and I should hear from someone within 48 hours.  Just wanted to let everyone know.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Having same issues...

One of my subaccounts is for my kid. We got a "you need a parent permission" to log in message. I followed the link(s) and enabled the sub account...I've done this 4-7 times....we are still getting blocked...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Lots of people are having same issue there are few in another forum Adam24kelly and myself been working together on this, Adam24Kelly went to their ATT account and in the sub accounts there was a link for parent consent ,I have not been there yet just seen the PM that was sent to me, they way I understand it unless it changes you have to give both ATT and Yahoo consent,, ATT released it but Yahoo still has not They are still working with Yahoo on that end. This whole thing was not thought out before putting forward ended up with a big issue ticking people off, Sure hope someone comes up with the answer soon

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Anyone having any luck yet?  In the exact same boat here.  Been working on this for over a week...many calls to AT&T been told multiple times they are "fixing it" and I should hear from someone within 24-48 hours...guess what...never heard from anyone.  Now on hold for the 5th time on a call lasting over 2 hours.  This is beyond rediculous!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

No luck on this end tried to go to my account and look in my sub accounts and now has me locked out says an error has occured in our system that has kept you from logging in pleas try again later----well how about that!!!!!!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I am in the midst of trying to resolve this as well.  Keeping track of 'progress' (or lack thereof) here:  https://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/My-child-s-account-has-been-disabled/m-p/3527185/highlight/false#M16785

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Well they must have corrected the issue with the sub accounts I just tried my sub that would not go and it went ok this time hope all the rest of you have that luck

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Well forget it, went in one time then locked me out again it did accept my consent and said it was ok!!! as stated above this is rediculous
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.