For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
gooch_1's profile

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

Friday, April 14th, 2017 3:16 PM

POP3 (STAT or LIST) commands did not succeed.

When I try to download email into my POP3 account using Seamonkey (same as Thunderbird), I get the error message:

"STAT (or LIST) command did not succeed .  Error getting message number and sizes". This has occurred a couple of times since Apr 1.  It usually clears up in a couple of hours and I hope that is what happens today.

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

7 years ago

Cleared up after 20 minutes just like last time.

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

7 years ago

POP3 RETR command fails starting at 7:00am EDT on 4/24. Cannot download any email

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

7 years ago

Started working again at 8:45 am Eastern DST. Will it ever end? sigh!!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I think the Yahoo/ATT email servers have some kind of timing problem.  While I haven't seen any problems receiving mail with my Thunderbird I occasionally see SMTP timeout (instantly returned, no delay) error dialogs when trying to send emails.  Repeated tries (I think my highest repeat tries was 3 tries) eventually gets the message sent.

When you get your receive errors do you try (maybe a few times) to repeat the get?

If I recall this all started about February when I believe Yahoo began screwing around with their email servers.

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

7 years ago

I have never had a problem sending, only receiving. I will usually try 3-5 times before I give up.  Today, the prob;em lasted from exactly 7:00am EDST to 8:45am.  I even re-booted during that period of time but it did not help.  After 8;45, it started working okay and I could download with no further problems problems, so far!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.