Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Outgoing email Outlook settings

Highlighted
Tutor

Outgoing email Outlook settings

I want to use Outlook 2010 for sending & receiving email on several computers for 1 email account. I have selected the delivery option to "Leave a copy of messages on the server". That way I can look at all of the incoming mail on different computers via Outlook, or in a browser. However, I don't see a way to see a copy of sent emails from one computer on another computer via Outlook, or in a browser. I know I could blind carbon copy myself on every email sent, but I don't want to do that if I don't have to. 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Message 1 of 7
Guru

Re: Outgoing email

You need to recreate the accounts on each device as IMAP rather than POP. 

Simplistic summary: with IMAP all mail directories remain on the server and you use a device to view and manipulate the messages there.  The view is the same on each device.

Message 2 of 7
Tutor

I changed the setting from POP to IMAP and kept the rest of the recommended settings the same. When I ran an email test, I basically get an authentication error. What are some suggested solutions? Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
Guru
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ColdDay
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ColdDay
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Thanks for the website link!! I finally got it working after I selected “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” & selected “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”. Here are the settings I used for reference: Type = IMAP, Incoming Mail = imap.mail.att.net, Port = 993, SSL, Outgoing Mail = smtp.mail.att.net, Port = 465, SSL.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

I could not get it to work with those settings.  But, when I changed the outgoing server security to "auto" (insteade of SSL), I got the green check marks!

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

I set up my eamil on Windows outlook express. I get these error coded imap server unexpectively terminated the connection.

could not send a test message cannot find server.

what can I do?

margit

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support