Option to delete subaccounts is missing?

Contributor

Option to delete subaccounts is missing?

I used to be able to delete subaccounts as needed but now that option is gone.  I am only able to disable them.  What happened?  Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (931 Views)
Former Moderator
Solution
Accepted by ATT_James (Former Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Option to delete subaccounts is missing?

midasmarketing,

From what I've read the terminology has changed but the effects are the same.

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (905 Views)
Contributor

If the subaccount is linked to a Yahoo account, disabling will just lock you out of the Yahoo account.

I need to delete the subaccount so it will unmerge from my Yahoo account.

Message 3 of 7 (733 Views)
Community Manager

Hello chelseyM,

Try the steps from this video:

Let us know if they worked for you.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (713 Views)
Contributor

No, this doesn't work because the option to delete is not listed for subaccounts.

The main account is several years old and my family has since switched internet providers. I talked to customer support via live chat and they said this is a freememberid and that no live support is available. Why are these accounts still available if you aren't going to provide support or allow users to properly manage them?

I just want this to go back to being my yahoo account so I can properly manage my e-mail.

Message 5 of 7 (707 Views)
Contributor

I need to delete one of my subaccounts that was found on the dark web. I read in this discussion that can't be done anymore. I tried to watch this video but it says it is private and won't allow me to see it. Can someone please tell me how to delete a subaccount?

Message 6 of 7 (416 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

Hopefully, this link from dsl reports can help:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23619094-How-do-I-delete-an-email-sub-account

One point they make is, any sub account that is suspended for 90 days or more, is "killed". (deleted)

Apparently, so many folks have tried to have deleted accounts restored, they do it this way now, so if you have buyers remorse, you can get it back if you really want it after all.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7 (396 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.