For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
jmfrey's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 2:29 PM

My email won't accept my password

My email won't accept my password and there is a system error when I try to have a temporary password sent to my mailing address. I either can't remember my answers to the security questions or it won't accept them.  How do I get a new password without having one sent to my email I can't retrieve my emails from?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@jmfrey wrote:

My email won't accept my password and there is a system error when I try to have a temporary password sent to my mailing address. I either can't remember my answers to the security questions or it won't accept them.  How do I get a new password without having one sent to my email I can't retrieve my emails from?

jmfrey,

Here are a few links to try in resetting your password. Have you tried accessing your email reset from a different computer which might alleviate that system error.

Email password change or reset

Email login and password help

If all avenues are exhausted you can send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by following the next link. Please include your name, an accessible email address, phone number and the best time to be reached, please allow up to 48 hours for a representative to contact you.

Private Message

James

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

"If all avenues are exhausted you can send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by following the next link. Please include your name, an accessible email address, phone number and the best time to be reached, please allow up to 48 hours for a representative to contact you."

I have tried to log onto my email address, unsuccessfully. Cannot reset my password, questions asked not acceptable (I guess???) I had bellsouth account then AT&T internet but left them and they gave permission for continued use of the bellsouth.net for my email which I have used for a many of years. Now I cannot open my email account using Foxfire. Please help me

Dallas

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @polkamusic,

You will need to contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877.285.0144 so they can verify your identity and then they can reset the password for you. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to message me back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I contacted them for bellsouth webmail and they tell me they have no way to reset the password unless a alternate email was put in at the time that one was made ! Which was almost 20yrs ago , I even offered to go in to a local at&t store to show my identity and they won't accept that either ! Said they couldn't give it over the phone , aol and gmail had me reset in 10min . I have exhausted every avenue I know of , this is ridiculous . I ha e business emails coming in that I haven't been able to access for 10days .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

After changing my ATT/Yahoo email password, I was able to access my email on both my PC & laptop but my iPad would not accept my new password, even if I tried to login from my browser. So, I ended up deleting my ATT account from my iPad and waited for about a week (this step my not be necessary, in hind sight). Then I went to att.net, via the browser on my iPad, clicked on "Forgot Password" and selected to have the reset link sent to my email address (the other option is to have it txt' to your mobile phone). Using my mobile phone, I invoked the link and entered & confirmed my new password. I expected the system to reject it, since it was already my password, but Voila! it worked and I was able to log into my email via the browser. Finally, I went into Settings, Mail on my iPad (actually waited 24 hours) and added my ATT account. Be sure to enter the new password in the incoming & outgoing server records and you should be good to go! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.