My child's account has been disabled

Teacher

My child's account has been disabled

I approved this account before the deadline - and as of today I discovered that my daughter's account has been disabled.  I went into my subaccounts and re-enabled it, but I still cannot login?  Anyone else?  How can I expedite this and get it back or is it gone forever?

Message 1 of 19 (3,711 Views)
Teacher

Re: My child's account has been disabled

Thanks AT&T but I was hoping to get a better response than this:

Congratulations, answermethis!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Contributor.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The AT&T Community Support Team

Message 2 of 19 (3,670 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Update:  Currently on the phone (for over 28 minutes BTW) with a lovely AT&T rep named Hayley in the Philippines.  She is unable to help me so gave me a # to call 866-722-9932.  Listening to music.  

To be continued, sadly...

Message 3 of 19 (3,627 Views)
Teacher

Update #2:  Spoke to Dominique in Indiana.  She gave me another 2 #s to call - 888-362-5909 (uverse) and/or 866-562-7219.  Wish me luck.

Message 4 of 19 (3,629 Views)
Teacher

"Due to unexpected call volumes we are unable to help you at this time.  Please visit help.yahoo.com and clicked on locked accounts"

OK - progress, right?

I certainly hope this helps someone else...

Message 5 of 19 (3,629 Views)
Teacher

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Tutor.

yippee...

Message 6 of 19 (3,627 Views)
Teacher

Your Incident ID is: 130718-022320

Message 7 of 19 (3,626 Views)
Teacher

Email states:

Right now, we're receiving a lot of requests. We're working as fast as we can, but it might take us a little bit longer than normal to respond to you.

Sincerely,
The Yahoo! Customer Care Team

answermethis asks:

can you define 'normal'?
Message 8 of 19 (3,633 Views)
Teacher

Perhaps my daughter will turn 13 before this gets resolved and then maybe the account will reactivate itself?  Still waiting to be resolved.  I wonder how many more hours will need to be spent on the phone.... Why can't this be resolved via email?

Message 9 of 19 (3,599 Views)
Teacher

Does an incident ID mean anything?
Message 10 of 19 (3,571 Views)
Tutor

I'm in the same boat - everything on my end tells me the account is enabled and the system is not waiting for any approvals.

I also was frustrated that they sent the emails about needing the approvals to the child only and not to the adult - the emails looked like phishing.

good luck and please post how you make out!

Message 11 of 19 (3,527 Views)
Teacher

Another update...  my understanding now (albeit this could all be false, but it comprises the info I have compiled) - it is becoming clear that yahoo can solve this problem, and AT&T cannot.  

However, Yahoo cannot assist me until I unmerge the email account with AT&T.

AT&T is stating that they are unable to unmerge the accounts.

This is beginning to sound like the problem has no solution.

Not giving up!  (I certainly hope the social media guy - who really seems like he's trying to help - isn't giving up either).

Message 12 of 19 (3,515 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Well, I decided to start fresh. I went to AT&T.com and used the chat feature. Now granted, there is no guarantee that you will get the same person - but today? My hero's name is Jeffrey and he got my daughter's account up and running. I say, avoid the phone and use Chat from now on. I wish you luck!

[edited for privacy]

Message 13 of 19 (3,504 Views)

Message 14 of 19 (3,372 Views)
Tutor

I followed that link and was sent to an online article that told me

• You will need to contact AT&T for assistance with your AT&T Yahoo! Mail account.

ATT is pointing at Yahooto fix it, Yahoo is pointing at ATT -not helpful

Message 15 of 19 (3,268 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.