For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
dknize12's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 8th, 2013 1:19 AM

Moving a subaccount to another DSL account

My wife's email account is still attached to her family's DSL account. It is a subaccount on her parents' account. They are disabling their DSL so she will be losing that account. I am hoping their is a way to save that email address and associate it with my DSL account. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

11 years ago

Hello dknize12!  Thanks for your post!  We did some research on this request for you and unfortunately discovered that you cannot move the subaccount from one master account to another.  The email accounts will however remain active. Please ensure your wife notes her security question and answers so she can reset the password online in case she ever forgets it.

~Delia

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

11 years ago

@dknize12 wrote:

My wife's email account is still attached to her family's DSL account. It is a subaccount on her parents' account. They are disabling their DSL so she will be losing that account. I am hoping their is a way to save that email address and associate it with my DSL account. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks in advance!

Actually there is another way.

1. After her parents discontinue their DSL service, the main and sub accounts will transition to AT&T free email accounts.
  2. At that point, your wife will be able to create a Yahoo account to transfer/import the AT&T account to. Be sure to keep her old user name on the new Yahoo account. So it would change from mywife@att.net to mywife@yahoo.com
  3. Now, the old AT&T sub account can be deleted.
  4. Once the old AT&T account has been deleted (to free up the mywife@att.net name), you should be able create a new sub accoount under your DSL with her old account name. There may be a delay before you can reuse her old AT&T address.
  5. Merge/import her newly created mywife@yahoo.com account with the new sub account you created under your DSL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

As of this typing that process has been discontinued; however as stated there was a window when this was allowed and both AT&T and Yahoo continue to allow those who have merged their AT&T email address and Yahoo email address as two distinct email addresses to continue to be used but under ONE account with Yahoo.  It is my understanding talking to AT&T a number of times that sub-accounts not previously deleted whether your DSL account has been deactivated or not can continue to be used.  I am not aware there is an expiration date on these deactivated ADSL/U-Verse accounts' sub-account's e-mail addresses. And like the thread's original question; it remains true; we cannot "port" or "transfer" the deactivated ADSL account we had to our current (as of this typing) U-Verse account.  We continue to use our "relic" bellsouth.net and att.net accounts from the deactivated accounts with no issues other than POP3 and IMAP changes on-going at Yahoo, but many of the older protocols work to this very day.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.