Explore & discover

Helpful Links

More Bellsouth.net issues (Can't login)

Contributor

More Bellsouth.net issues (Can't login)

I have a simple old (15+ years) BellSouth email address, which started giving invalid password errors yesterday (Jan. 28th 2019.) I am getting the same error via 2 email clients, the Yahoo mail interface and the AT&T interface at https://start.att.net. I've been to every reset password link I can find, and they all want a user name (which I do not have.) I have an email address, my password, and some security questions (which I've not been able to use anywhere.) If you click on forgot username and password, it freaking sends you an email with your username. Let that sink in... I can't access my email!!! Reminds me of a Dilbert cartoon.

It seems like multiple BellSouth and SBC Global users are affected. What changed, and can someone change it back??

Thanks!

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by acceler8
‎01-30-2019 3:32 PM

Re: More Bellsouth.net issues (Can't login)

...and they all want a user name (which I do not have).

User name is your email address.

I have an email address, my password, and some security questions (which I've not been able to use anywhere.)

You can also use the security question to get a new password using Forgot ID/Password.

It seems like multiple BellSouth and SBC Global users are affected. What changed, and can someone change it back??

Actually is all the legacy accounts (e.g. sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, bellsouth.net, etc., i.e., any att domain other than att.net) since att and yahoo took upon themselves to attempt to unmerge those accounts from yahoo.  There's no going back.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I cannot log-in to my bell south email account . Many times I receive an error message: cannot assist me at this time. Try again later. I have gone the steps listed and the new password does not register with the account. The other error message reads: invalid password. What is the problem? Why is my old password invalid? I have not had access to my account for 30 days. This is truly ridiculous. Please resolve this issue.

Thank you very much.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support