Protect yourself online
acceler8's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 2:12 AM

More Bellsouth.net issues (Can't login)

I have a simple old (15+ years) BellSouth email address, which started giving invalid password errors yesterday (Jan. 28th 2019.) I am getting the same error via 2 email clients, the Yahoo mail interface and the AT&T interface at https://start.att.net. I've been to every reset password link I can find, and they all want a user name (which I do not have.) I have an email address, my password, and some security questions (which I've not been able to use anywhere.) If you click on forgot username and password, it freaking sends you an email with your username. Let that sink in... I can't access my email!!! Reminds me of a Dilbert cartoon.

It seems like multiple BellSouth and SBC Global users are affected. What changed, and can someone change it back??

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

...and they all want a user name (which I do not have).

User name is your email address.

I have an email address, my password, and some security questions (which I've not been able to use anywhere.)

You can also use the security question to get a new password using Forgot ID/Password.

It seems like multiple BellSouth and SBC Global users are affected. What changed, and can someone change it back??

Actually is all the legacy accounts (e.g. sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, bellsouth.net, etc., i.e., any att domain other than att.net) since att and yahoo took upon themselves to attempt to unmerge those accounts from yahoo.  There's no going back.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

_xyzzy_,

Thanks for your reply, and info.  Knowing that my email address was my user name def. helped!  It would have been most helpful if the little blue help icon on that page included that important info.  I was finally able to to reset my PW (which I shouldn't have needed to do in the first place) and regain access to my email.  You've been very helpful!

Thanks again!

p.s. Seems like AT&T / Yahoo want very little to do with this (as do I), but that is what they get for taking over smaller companies.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I cannot log-in to my bell south email account . Many times I receive an error message: cannot assist me at this time. Try again later. I have gone the steps listed and the new password does not register with the account. The other error message reads: invalid password. What is the problem? Why is my old password invalid? I have not had access to my account for 30 days. This is truly ridiculous. Please resolve this issue.

Thank you very much.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am frustrated because I cannot get onto my bellsouth e-mail acct and I have tried everything, help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.