McAfee issues

Contributor

McAfee issues

On Sunday, I downloaded McAfee from ATT for my Dell lap top. First off, I can't get it to open up so I can set it all up, its running, but I do want some control. Also, my screen now randomly shuts off for no reason. Is anyone else having this weirdness? Can I remove it and reload without it going against the amount of computers we can use it on?

Message 1 of 3 (3,632 Views)
Former Moderator
Solution
Accepted by ATT_James (Former Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: McAfee issues

hairstylist65,

Yes you will be able to uninstall and reinstall with no penalty, I have done it on numerous occasions. Good luck and I hope these glitches disappear.

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (3,492 Views)
Highlighted
Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDelia (Employee)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: McAfee issues

Uninstall it and go to microsoft.com and download Microsoft Security Essentials.  It is much better than McAfee IMO and it runs quietly in the background without putting a drain on computer resources.  MSE is antivirus and malware protection software that is very effective and FREE. 

Message 3 of 3 (3,258 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.